100A subpanel
I'm planning to put a sub panel in the barn....  I've gotten some minimal direction from the electrician who is helping me (He hooked up the meter and is setting the panel and I'm doing the rest...).  Just wanted to confirm here we are on the right road.

By that time I go up the ceiling across the length around the corner and back down the ceiling I need about 135 ft of wire.

2-2-2-4 right?

Is there a cheaper way to get there than this?

https://www.nassauelectrical.com/product...3818016831

Planning to put it in 1.5" PVC conduit. I had considered just running the conduit for the vertical drops... The horizontal run will go across the top of the rafters where they meet the wall.  I'm thinking I will probably just run conduit there too. Not a huge cost issue just not looking forward to pulling it through that much conduit!

I understand I could use THHN which were probably pull a little easier but that cost more.

Mostly I'm just looking for tips tricks or any red flags in my current plan.  Thanks!
Why are you trying to use a direct burial cable to pull through conduit? Usually you are pulling single conductors through conduit. I believe there are problems with heat dissipation with cable in conduit. I think you will find it difficult to impossible to pull that especially though 1.5".
That's why I'm here...looking for suggestions.  What would you pull?  That direct bury is what I've found...local BORGs, online, etc.

Is this a better bet?
https://www.nassaunationalcable.com/prod...hBEALw_wcB

My understanding is that 1.25" is the minimum I could use...I figured 1.5" gives a little extra space for not much more $$.

Thanks!
I wasn't sure if pulling the quadplex would be easier or harder than doing four separate wires... Four separate times.
I should include:
Unzoned township/agricultural building/no permit.  Not that I think NEC is irrelevant... I still want to do it right, but there is no concern about what the local code is... There is none.
I did 100 amp to my shop, wired directly from the meter.
Cable in schedule 40 pvc,
My electrician did the work, plus a gentleman who does my dirt work, dug and then buried the pvc
(04-23-2021, 01:46 PM)JosephP Wrote: I wasn't sure if pulling the quadplex would be easier or harder than doing four separate wires... Four separate times.

Plan on using sweeps instead of LB's as quad will not make the bend, also use cable pulling lube on that long of run with bends.   In a barn if animals like horses can reach it some sort of protection or metal conduit may be in order.  If using 4 separate conductors pull all at once, with lube again.  They get tangled up when you puill one at a time.    Roly
Thanks Roly!  Which is easier to pull? Quadplex or individual strands?  I guess I was assuming the quadplex would kind of work together with the twist.

This is probably a dumb question but...is it easier to pull or push?

Right now everything is wide open. Should I get it through each piece of conduit piece by piece and assemble conduit as I go or put the conduit in place and then pull the whole length?  The first seems like a better plan since that is an option but I may be missing something!

(No animals just equipment storage)
I would assemble all conduit and pull all conductors at once. As far as pulling or pushing it will be basically all pulling, but you will need someone helping feed the wires in.
(04-23-2021, 03:38 PM)JosephP Wrote: Thanks Roly!  Which is easier to pull? Quadplex or individual strands?  I guess I was assuming the quadplex would kind of work together with the twist.

This is probably a dumb question but...is it easier to pull or push?

Right now everything is wide open. Should I get it through each piece of conduit piece by piece and assemble conduit as I go or put the conduit in place and then pull the whole length?  The first seems like a better plan since that is an option but I may be missing something!

(No animals just equipment storage)

I would pull  it , you probably won't be able to push it around the bends.  If you try to assemble the conduit as you go you will get glue on the cable also.   Also it is not code to assemble the conduit with the wire inside it for what it's worth.    Strongly suggest the cable lube,  it is waxy and will  make it way easier,   135' is a lot of drag.   Apply more lube as you pull.
 When bundling the conductors together stagger them to make the leading edge tapered.  Also make sure they stay together by  stripping the wires and twisting the ends ( still staggering) or securing together by other means.  Tape the leading end so a conductor end cannot be stuck by a conduit joint.   Roly