crosscut saws for $500!?
It's always a laugh when some schmuck thinks their grandpa's rusty, old tools are as good as gold. Here's an example: Marketplace ad 

I thought about trolling them and asking what brand and year and other technical questions. But then I thought better than to give a hard time to a stranger online. Maybe someone told them to charge $500.
No
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Wow
Guess I have a lot hanging on my shop walls....
Love it.  They are listed under home improvement supplies.  Yeah, maybe if you live in a log cabin.  Not that I don't like log cabins...
I have a different theory. What if his wife said: "Why don't you sell those old saws - you never use them!"  So, he listed them at astronomical prices. If nobody responds, he can say: "There's no market for them." If somebody buys one or both, he can laugh all the way to the bank!

DAMHIKT.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
I can get a pretty nice professional Stihl chainsaw for less than that.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(04-28-2021, 02:41 PM)mr_skittle Wrote: It's always a laugh when some schmuck thinks their grandpa's rusty, old tools are as good as gold. Here's an example: Marketplace ad 

I thought about trolling them and asking what brand and year and other technical questions. But then I thought better than to give a hard time to a stranger online. Maybe someone told them to charge $500.
No

Laugh
Laugh Live in hopes....die in despair.......
Uhoh
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

CL ads can be a hoot.

That one is especially funny.  Since you can buy brand new saws like those
shown for less than half that.

No

https://crosscutsaw.com/
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
We could make a long list of tools that would do the same job, for that price. You could get a nice chainsaw and a couple of new cross-cut saws, maybe a one person and a two person. I like 5thumbs idea that an old-timer is just finding a way to tell his wife, "I tried to sell them but there were no takers."
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
Awww...the poor guy just misplaced the decimal point !!! Ok, just being a little (no, a lot !) sarcastic.

(05-08-2021, 09:59 AM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Awww...the poor guy just misplaced the decimal point !!!   Ok, just being a little (no, a lot !) sarcastic.

He also calls them logging saws, when in fact they are bucking saws . . . .  agree he missed a decimal place.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis