Veritas Scraping plane
SOLD  Very good condition, comes with a Thick and Thin blade.  $145. plus shipping. 
Toledo, Ohio, 

PayPal

johnbarfielddesign.com

Checked out your website. You do beautiful work, John!
John,  What would it cost to ship to area code 75762 in Texas?

Thanks, Roger
(04-28-2021, 04:39 PM)Cian Wrote: Checked out your website. You do beautiful work, John!

Thanks, Cian
(04-28-2021, 05:13 PM)RogerD Wrote: John,  What would it cost to ship to area code 75762 in Texas?

Thanks, Roger

It will fit in a USPS medium flat rate box which is $15.  Other than that, a little more for insured packaging.

John

johnbarfielddesign.com
(04-28-2021, 04:39 PM)Cian Wrote: Checked out your website. You do beautiful work, John!

Uhhhhh.....yes
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Agree with Cian John, I like your work. 

Do you mind if I ask a quick question?  I noticed on your splayed desk that the legs do not go all the way out to being underneath the corners. Do you find the desk tippy if someone leans on the end?  I'm in the process of making a somewhat similar staked desk, and my thought was to pull the legs in a bit (like yours) so that I could put a small drawer towards each of the ends (as opposed to the middle like yours). But I am hesitant due to worrying about it tipping (I'm planning on giving the desk to my kid, and kids don't always use stuff in the intended manner...)

Mark

(04-28-2021, 04:00 PM)bargrove Wrote: Very good condition, comes with a Thick and Thin blade.  $145. plus shipping. 
Toledo, Ohio,  PayPal

johnbarfielddesign.com

The Veritas plane is sold, pending.

Thanks
(04-29-2021, 12:39 PM)msweig Wrote: Agree with Cian John, I like your work. 

Do you mind if I ask a quick question?  I noticed on your splayed desk that the legs do not go all the way out to being underneath the corners. Do you find the desk tippy if someone leans on the end?  I'm in the process of making a somewhat similar staked desk, and my thought was to pull the legs in a bit (like yours) so that I could put a small drawer towards each of the ends (as opposed to the middle like yours). But I am hesitant due to worrying about it tipping (I'm planning on giving the desk to my kid, and kids don't always use stuff in the intended manner...)

Mark

Mark,

I think all most all of the tables I have designed have considerable overhang.  The splayed structure is plenty strong , and since the legs splay in both directions, it is actually more stable than a straight leg table.
That said, that design wouldn't be my first choice as climbing furniture for kids. 
Wink  

johnbarfielddesign.com
I was looking at getting one of these, but came across someone selling a brand new Lie Nielsen one for $150, so I bought that. From what I’ve read, these can be sort of tricky to setup and get working properly. Does anyone have experience with the LN version?