Tips for vertical spraying
Try as I might, I'm finding it difficult to avoid runs.

In my mind, it seems simple: flow rate, keep sprayer moving, fan pattern, etc.

I have lights, but for this cabinet interior I'm spraying, I can't seem to get an angle.

An tricks other than light, multiple coats? Does spraying a tack coat first help?
(05-09-2021, 12:55 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Try as I might, I'm finding it difficult to avoid runs.

In my mind, it seems simple: flow rate, keep sprayer moving, fan pattern, etc.

I have lights, but for this cabinet interior I'm spraying, I can't seem to get an angle.

An tricks other than light, multiple coats?  Does spraying a tack coat first help?

Take the back off if at all possible; makes a huge difference for me.  That allows you to spray across the panels rather than down their length.  Keep your gun as perpendicular to the panel as possible, too.  That way, you aren't spraying into the corners, which is where a lot of runs start from.  A tack coat helps, sometimes, with finishes prone to sag.  But, yeah, lite coats are key; just enough for it to flow out.  Try applying coats just a little lighter than what you think is needed.  

John
Turn the material flow down. Hesitate a bit after a very light coat......coat again.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I did remove back, did everything else, it just practice and paying attention to flow.
What kind of sprayer are you using?  Air? Airless?  HVLP?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Turbine I guess that’s HVLP. I contacted Earlex and did discover the fan pattern selector was not clean. I think that was 90% of my problem.
I have a HVLP sprayer and you have to keep all the components clean.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.