Cordless wet dry vac experiances
(05-21-2021, 07:02 PM)whatline Wrote: Tired of yanking the corded vac around the shop. Would like to get a small hand carry version to pick shavings around the lathe and drill press. Anyone have any experience with these. Recommendations? Thanks

Raised
I use a snowshovel around the lathe...   and a 2hp dust collector for the areas within about 20' of the main throw zone.  Am I doing something wrong?

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(05-24-2021, 10:34 AM)FireWood Wrote:
Raised
I use a snowshovel around the lathe...   and a 2hp dust collector for the areas within about 20' of the main throw zone.  Am I doing something wrong?

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Glenn Lucas occasionally shows short vids of him turning at his lathe and the shavings winding up in a small dumpster behind the lathe. Sort of an advanced skill version of the demonstrator who can hit anyone near the front of a demo with the shavings.
Laugh 

I wound up with a shovel normally associated with mucking a stall. It was left behind by some guys pouring a concrete ramp. (they never came back for it)

That shovel is a lot more convenient than a snow shovel around the lathe.

I also got one of those gadgets that holds a large plastic yard bag open for picking up leaves. It makes the opening of the bags very convenient for the size of my shovel.

One of these days I hope to get 220V set up for my dust collector, but that has not happened yet.
Rolleyes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.