replacing Toilet wax ring
Mine had to be replaced, the guy at the Ace hardware store (who is always helpful & knowledgeable) suggested "Sani Seal Toilet Gasket Waxless". Once I got the rusted bolts off, the rest was easy peezy. The ring has holes that hold the bolts where they need to be. Even a 73 yr old soldier with a bad back was able to pull it off without having to result to using my Army language. $12 and worth every penny.
Jim
Those things are always the unsung heroes of home maintenance. The only time there is a problem is when it is below the ring.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
I use em and like them too...haven't had a problem yet...
In some cases Sami-seal will fail. The rubber deteriorates. The traditional wax seal will last the life of the toilet. Of course, proper installation is critical.