How would you attach a granite piece to a table top
(06-04-2021, 01:32 PM)stav Wrote: How about epoxying a piece of wood to the base of the granite and then attach the rest of the table to that.

This gets my vote.  My preference is to design things to be reversible, repaired later, or easier to move.
The granite top is going to weigh 42.75 pounds (19 pounds per square foot x 2¼ square feet).

My end tables have 3/8" glass with a calculated weight of 11 pounds and is held in place with 3M bumpons.  The bumpons are adhered to the base and the glass simply rests on the bumpons.  I have clear bumpons, but not the self-adhesive type.  Amazon shows several types.  If this proves unsatisfactory you can always use adhesive later.  I used silicone adhesive for the bathroom vanity top.

[Image: SJxx12_Clear_P.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Bead of silicone on each corner
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020