Gluing onto Polyurethane Finished Wood?
If I were doing that, I’d reach for turners tape. Put a block across the letters and clamp down hard for a few seconds, and the letters probably can’t be removed without destroying them. I’d apply the tape to the back of the letter, then trim.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(06-09-2021, 02:27 PM)tbr Wrote: I would like to glue small wooden letters to wood that has a polyurethane finish. What would be the best glue for this?  Would Titebond work or is there something that will hold better?

Do you have a Dremel tool?  Put a burr in it and scuff up the area under where  the letters will go to reveal clean wood.  Then just use Titebond.
I wonder about polyurethane adhesive. Whatever you decide, finish a piece of scrap the same as the subject piece then try different adhesives until you find one that works. It doesn't sound like an application that needs to be ' horse high, bull strong, hog tight.'