I finally scored
If that marking gauge is lignum vitae, it will be heavy as well as waxy.

I am curious about the marking gauge that has the vertical hole in the fence/guide.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Is the trammel set in the wooden box?  If it is it looks nice (I've only ever seen the ones you attach to a wooden beam). 

Some of those chisels look really wide. 
Smile

Mark

(09-13-2021, 09:05 PM)iclark Wrote: If that marking gauge is lignum vitae, it will be heavy as well as waxy.

I am curious about the marking gauge that has the vertical hole in the fence/guide.

It isn't special I don't think. It's missing the screw that makes the fence tight.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(09-13-2021, 09:28 PM)msweig Wrote: Is the trammel set in the wooden box?  If it is it looks nice (I've only ever seen the ones you attach to a wooden beam). 

Smile

Mark

Yep...mahogany I think. Brown and sharpe.  It's missing one piece I believe.
(09-13-2021, 09:33 PM)Scott W Wrote: It isn't special I don't think. It's missing the screw that makes the fence tight.

Taking a closer look, that makes sense. Thank you.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(09-13-2021, 09:28 PM)msweig Wrote: Is the trammel set in the wooden box?  If it is it looks nice (I've only ever seen the ones you attach to a wooden beam). 

Smile

Mark

The two widest are both 2 inches.  One is a firmer and the other is a bevel edge.  Not sure the brands but the bevel edge one has an anvil in the logo. My eyes need a magnifying glass to see stuff like that unfortunately.
Wow, that is quite the find.  A lot of great pieces there.  The box hardly looked big enough to hold all of that.

I will be watching for your listings in S&S.
(09-14-2021, 08:46 AM)stav Wrote: Wow, that is quite the find.  A lot of great pieces there.  The box hardly looked big enough to hold all of that.

I will be watching for your listings in S&S.

I am not sure what to put in S&S vs ebay... I probably only will keep what these few things and some of the chisels (one of the reasons I bought it) but there are way more chisels than I thought so I may not keep them all.  I have been on the lookout for the scales and the jewelers/ machinist vise for a while. Don't know why...I just thinkhink they are cool little tools. The multi tool I'll give to my son.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-13-2021, 08:43 PM)Scott W Wrote: Yeah... but to be honest there are way more chisels than I originally thought.  I don't think I need this many.  The biggest deal for me has been going through it. I love doing this kinda stuff.

I'm not sure if anyone has expressed interest in the chisels but if you are going to part with some I wouldn't mind being considered as an adoptive home. TIA

Eric
Eric Bruns
Licensed Psychologist
Aspiring amateur woodworker
I may not keep all of them for sure.