Tool order from Amazon - how to report undelivered package?
Hi,

Recently I have ordered a drill from Amazon.
The website claims it was delivered - it even shows picture of package on a porch.
The problem the porch is certainly not mine.

I have lost possibility to report problem by using back button on the browser by mistake
(now there are no buttons to acknowledge order or report problem).
What can be done besides credit card dispute?

(my apologies if this is posted at wrong forum, I hope moderators could move it)

Cheers.
(09-30-2021, 08:24 PM)omark Wrote: Hi,

The website claims it was delivered - it even shows picture of package on a porch.

I have lost possibility to report problem by using back button on the browser by mistake

(my apologies if this is posted at wrong forum, I hope moderators could move it)

Cheers.
 Contact customer support via chat or phone
Amazon.com - Contact Us

Hope it helps
(09-30-2021, 08:24 PM)omark Wrote: Hi,

Cheers.

When they take a photo, there is a GPS location recorded and associated with the photo for verification of where the photo was taken.  The delivery service will be able to determine if it was misdelivered.  Tell Amazon and call the delivery service.  My address has East on the end of it.  Routinely USPS delivers packages to West.  They can tell it is on the wrong side of town.
I've had such issues. Amazon customer service number is 888-280-4331. Call, and send them the pic they sent you, and a pic of your house and front porch. They immediately credited my card, and then I reordered successfully. I always buy expensive items "fulfilled by amazon" for this reason as dealing with the individual vendors can be somewhat hit or miss on their return/refund policies, which can vary from vendor to vendor.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
There are three streets including mine, and a golf course (used to be two of them in fact) that start with "Shadow".  Packages routinely get delivered to the wrong street, but right house number.  I've been able to identify the house where the package was delivered from the photo, and have knocked on the door to get my shipment.  I've also redelivered packages that were delivered to my house but addressed to someone else.  It's a PITA, but the photos are a big help.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I went through this process just a few days ago and it was easy and quick. Log into your Amazon account and click on Customer Support. Near the bottom of the page, under the heading of  "Browse Help Topics" you will find a link to "Find a Missing Package That Shows as Delivered". Follow directions there and you will be given the choice of either receiving a refund or a new shipment. No questions asked.

Good luck.

P.S. This works if your order was direct from Amazon. If it involved a 3rd party vendor, you will be directed to contact them.
Thank you very much. All replies are helpful indeed (and hopefully will answer future issue of someone else).

My problem was I have never seen that "Customer service' link...
I entered phone number (from Admiral) in amazon search to see what happens, and at the end of random results was a link to page suggested by HandyDandy! Then there was a chat with automatic bot, and I was able to 'discuss' the issue.

(GPS location was also good advice but unfortunately the order was delivered by Amazon, otherwise I could go to their office).

Finally, the drill (another one) arrived today. Thanks again.

Cheers.

P.S.  I now have reasonable suspicion the first delivery was to neighbor house  (rented to some other people which apparently are not good about returning things).
I had Amazon deliver one of my packages to the next street over, to the end of the street, leaning up against the post for the gate that blocks the end of the street.  There's no house there.

Contacted them and the said I had to wait 2 or 3 days, just in case, and then they reshipped me my order.

Neighbor found the package like a month later, after it had been rained on a couple times.

Next time they said they delivered a package I couldn't find, I checked the same place at the gate, and there it was.  At least they were consistent on delivering it to the wrong place.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I just ordered something from a 3rd party vendor without noticing.  I really screwed up, it cost 3 times what it should have if you include shipping.  You have 30 minutes to cancel, but that's using amazon's clock, which seems to run a bit fast.

I googled the number and went through the robot a couple of tries until I finally got a person.  You have to ask for a person at exactly the right moment or it ignores you.