Tablesaw Blade Sharpening
Does anybody here sharpen their own carbide-tipped blades? If so, would you please describe the technique, and advise what type of stone(s) used?
(10-14-2021, 09:42 AM)BassMD Wrote: Does anybody here sharpen their own carbide-tipped blades? If so, would you please describe the technique, and advise what type of stone(s) used?

Do you live in Oklahoma?  Enid?
(10-14-2021, 09:42 AM)BassMD Wrote: Does anybody here sharpen their own carbide-tipped blades? If so, would you please describe the technique, and advise what type of stone(s) used?

Lots of geometry involved,  I always send it out.  That being said, diamond stones (paddles) are likely required for carbide.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
That’s a fools errand - especially on better blades that have variable geometry.
I've learned to scratch my name onto the side of the blade.  I was getting back the same brand of blade, but not the same blade as I sent out. 

On my Lion miter trimmer, I sent out genuine Lion (made in the USA) blades and got back something else (that fit and worked OK but was probably made in China).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
40 years doing this.

Buy blades worth sending out.

Have at least 2 of each type so you're shop is never "down".
(10-20-2021, 09:44 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: 40 years doing this.

Buy blades worth sending out.

Have at least 2 of each type so you're shop is never "down".

What RWE said.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I do.  I bought a sharpener from HF and have used it about 40 times over the years.  Not hard with combo blades.  I set the sharpener using the angle that is on the blade.  A little tedious but it works.  The tool comes with blades of carbine and steel blades.  I think it works pretty good.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.