Delta Hybrid Saw Dado Insert
I recently acquired an older delta hybrid saw that is in pretty great condition.

Model: 36-714

The only problem is I need an insert for a Dado blade and can't seem to find any for this model.

Are the newer model Delta Unisaw/Hybrid saw inserts backwards compatible or is my only option to get a zero clearance blank and make my own?
I think the fastest way for you to obtain a dado insert will be to make your own.  It's easy enough if you have an existing insert as the pattern.

If you conduct a YouTube search on the term "table saw insert", you'll get plenty of hits on how to do it.  Once you have the process down, it will be easy to make dado inserts and zero clearance inserts.

I'd provide written instructions on how I'd do it, but in this case, truly, seeing it done is much quicker and more informative than reading about how it's done.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Yeah, what he said.  It takes no time to make your own, and you can make them with different width openings for different width dado sets if you don’t like a wide opening with a narrow dado set. Or want zero clearance for a particular cut.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Mfg'ers don't usually make dado inserts.
OBTW: My preferred material for DIY inserts was 1/2" MDF. Yes, MDF is not the most durable material, but I chewed them up with blade bevel changes and so they lost their zero clearance characteristic pretty quick. MDF is also very easy to fine tune for a good fit.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I make a half-dozen blanks at a time for my saw, then set them aside until I need one, then I use the dado to cut it to fit.

Instead of using some type of screw to adjust them I use a dab of epoxy -- the thick type -- and cover opening with plastic film and set the epoxy on the support tabs, then press down the blank until it is flush.

works better than screws for me!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
It can be useful to keep a well fitted template for making more inserts. Mine has nail holes so I can easily attach it to a new piece of stock for flush trimming at the router table. The nail holes are cut away when I cut a kerf.

If you use MDF for the inserts, it is sufficiently accurate in thickness you can put adjustment screws in the saw itself.
(11-23-2021, 04:21 PM)Dunno207 Wrote: I recently acquired an older delta hybrid saw that is in pretty great condition.

Model: 36-714

The only problem is I need an insert for a Dado blade and can't seem to find any for this model.

Are the newer model Delta Unisaw/Hybrid saw inserts backwards compatible or is my only option to get a zero clearance blank and make my own?

Use your regular insert for a template. Determine the thickness needed and type of material. Place the template insert on the new piece and pencil a line around the ends. The sides are straight, so make sides same width as template insert. Saw the ends close, you can use a top bearing bit in a router for a perfect fit on the rounded ends. I would make a half dozen or more blanks for future use.
I get flush fits with a dab of silicone caulk on the saw insert ledge. I let the caulk dry, then screw the inserts down til their flush. The silicone dries about 1/16" too high, the screws flatten the silicone as the insert gets flush.
My saw did not come with screw holes, I added one at each end , 10/32  flat head screws works . Cast iron drills and taps very easy.
mike
(11-24-2021, 10:39 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Use your regular insert for a template. Determine the thickness needed and type of material. Place the template insert on the new piece and pencil a line around the ends. The sides are straight, so make sides same width as template insert. Saw the ends close, you can use a top bearing bit in a router for a perfect fit on the rounded ends. I would make a half dozen or more blanks for future use.
I get flush fits with a dab of silicone caulk on the saw insert ledge. I let the caulk dry, then screw the inserts down til their flush. The silicone dries about 1/16" too high, the screws flatten the silicone as the insert gets flush.
My saw did not come with screw holes, I added one at each end , 10/32  flat head screws works . Cast iron drills and taps very easy.
mike

I do pretty close to the same. Cut a blank slightly oversized on the bandsaw. Double stick tape the original insert to the oversized blank. I use a bottom bearing bit in the router table. Drill any holes as required. For saws that use thin inserts I've used a forstner bit to cut out pockets as required so my fabricated inserts are 1/2" thick.