Question Move shop tools or sell and re buy
Move it all or sell it all and order newer items many of the tools are older but at most lightly used and well cared for.
Shopping for used may work for some but being 100 miles west of Denver will likely make finding used a very slow process.
I will likely be moving in the next year or or two from NW Indiana to Central Colorado approximately 1200 miles to a small town at 8500' elevation.
I'm thinking that with todays elevated prices of machines hiring local help and loading into largest low deck or lift gate Uhaul would be the economical way to go.
Will likely have two sons and son in law to help drag out of basement shop and at least two of them to travel to help unload into basement with outside access. 
I also plan to haul a stash of rough sawn hardwood around 1000 board ft mostly 12' & 14' longand 1/2 dozen full size sheets of hardwood / baltic birch plywood.
Or should I leave the wood due to elevation change will it be trash after move awfully dry out there.

PM66 with small Excalibur slider. 
8" bridgewood jointer
14" Delta band saw w riser
18" Rikon Band saw
1 1/2 hp Pm dust collector 
Ryobi air cleaner  
17" Jet drill press/ accessories 
60 gal Compressor 
Ryobi 16" drum sander
Craftsmen radial arm saw
Dewalt 12" slider 
Dewalt DW735 planner and stand 
Dewalt 20 " scroll saw
Nova DVR lathe and stand full of tools
large custom router table baltic birch ply 
5 routers and accessories in cleated wall cabinet

corded and battery operated tools 
saw blades saw bands router bits 
jig saw right angle drills etc still have plastic cases so easy to handle / pack 
Most hand tools will travel in roller base cabinet and top chest 
and many items for electrical plumbing and 
numerous jigs and accessories
I Appreciate the advice and your time responding. 

Tim
It is dry here for sure.  The elevation change won't be an issue, but the moisture change could be.  Leave it all rough-sawn for several months once you get here.  Hardwood lumber is expensive here.

I would say if you have tools that you really like and are harder to find used, move them.  Also check new prices because they've gone up quite a bit.

Two things I would recommend bringing if you like them are your jointer and drum sander.  8" jointers are hard to find used here.  Good used drum sanders are pretty rare as well.

Some of the more common "construction" type items are easier to find used.  Compressors, slider saws, air cleaners, dust collectors, are easier to find.  If you're hurting for space, it might make sense.  You can hop on marketplace and craigslist for the area to find what is available.  There is a Rockler in Denver and a Woodcraft in Co Springs.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
From what you describe, and based on destination, I would move it all.

With a good load plan, the sheet goods can be loaded against the wall.of the van/trailer, and hard wood likely as well. I would think hardwood prices in Colorado might make replacement "not cheap."

Current tool prices and availability would make me look at taking all of the hardware/machines.

I know what it's like to move a shop; I've done it a few times over the past 20 years. Hope this goes well for you.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I might leave the Craftsman radial arm saw behind if this was my tool collection, but that only makes a small dent in the move. The rest are great tools that would be difficult to replace most anywhere.
Move it. Even if you have to hire help to load/unload. I just went thru this a couple years ago and it was a PITA to replace everything. A total PITA. After being used to "my machines" the replacements ,a mixture of new and used, all had to be tweaked or downright rebuilt to perform like my old standbys.

You didn't ask but if you're moving into a shop with a concrete floor put down DriCore  before placing your machines. Your feet, knees and legs will thank you for all the years you use the shop. As will the tools that you drop, especially that freshly sharpened chisel.

Good luck, Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Move it. You have some nice stuff. It might be hard to replace.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I suspect it will cost a lot more to replace those tools, minus the funds from selling them, than it would cost to move them.  And if you know and like your machines, that counts for something.  I like my machines and tools - they go where I go.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Like others have recommended, move BUT not all.

This is an excellent opp to review how you would want to work and build things. The same old way or a change for the better? Learning to use a new tool can be fun and satisfying....who doesnt love new toys. For example Festool stuff, hand tools.....What do you plan to make? Review all your options.

One thing that you should really modernize is your table saw. Assuming the tracksaw isnt the right tool, get a sawstop. Avoid the #1 reason woodworkers get injured.

Are you a woodturner? Keep the lathe ....but if you only do spindle turning (no bowls) very occasionally and have a full size lathe, sell it, and get a small bench top one after you move. Look at every piece of equipment and justify its moving. Everything being equal, move.

Simon
I’d move everything you’re happy with and would like to keep long term. Dump anything on the fence. I would move 90+% of my shop like I’ve already done 10 years ago. Taking apart machines to move them really stinks but it’s the lesser of two evils.

(01-11-2022, 01:36 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I’d move everything you’re happy with and would like to keep long term.  Dump anything on the fence.  I would move 90+% of my shop like I’ve already done 10 years ago.  Taking apart machines to move them really stinks but it’s the lesser of two evils.

Right now, Id move everything. If it were me, Id rent a 26' truck with a lift gate and put everything on there and make the couple day drive. 

Its so hard to source new machines (stock is so hit and miss) not to mention the insane costs of machines, yikes....you're going to take it in the pants if you're not planning a significant downsizing. Maybe if you don't wanna do a big move, take the big stuff like your PM66, jointer, 18" rikon, your lumber and have it sent in a POD container and cut loose the smaller stuff and buy when you get there. 

Guess it depends on what your time and effort means versus your wallet.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)