Road Trip finds
Only stopped at 2 places, yesterday ( Long John Silvers for fish don't count) bought four items...First was a stop in Urbana, OH...

I figured $65+ Sales Tax was a decent deal on a Stanley No. 8c, Type 19.....

Next, to a town called Harmony, OH..where the Heart of Ohio Antique Center was located...after about an hour of walking HALF of the hallways ( feet were getting sore) and a $30 or less budget....bought 3 little tools for $12 +Tax..

Then back through Springfield, OH on US 40....headed for LJS for some fish to snack on, on the way home....maybe if the feet get better, I might go back in May and hit the other 4 shops....

Wasn't too bad of a day, though.  carrying that Jointer plane the 1/2 block to my car didn't help the feet....

ps:  I did take a LOT of pictures..in case anyone wants a "tour"...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-14-2022, 03:50 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Only stopped at 2 places, yesterday ( Long John Silvers for fish don't count) bought four items...First was a stop in Urbana, OH...

I figured $65+ Sales Tax was a decent deal on a Stanley No. 8c, Type 19.....

Next, to a town called Harmony, OH..where the Heart of Ohio Antique Center was located...after about an hour of walking HALF of the hallways ( feet were getting sore) and a $30 or less budget....bought 3 little tools for $12 +Tax..

Then back through Springfield, OH on US 40....headed for LJS for some fish to snack on, on the way home....maybe if the feet get better, I might go back in May and hit the other 4 shops....

Wasn't too bad of a day, though.  carrying that Jointer plane the 1/2 block to my car didn't help the feet....

ps:  I did take a LOT of pictures..in case anyone wants a "tour"...
ps: I did take a LOT of pictures..in case anyone wants a "tour"...

Post 'em...I'm always up for a tool tour..
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I paid twice that for a similar jointer. Nice deal there.

Who doesn’t like an antique tour? Let’s see the pics.
This is going to take a few pages to do...as I took a LOT of pictures.  After a stop to fill up the Fliver's gas tank...left Bellefontaine, OH..headed south down US 68....first stop was in Urbana, OH...where there are 2 Antique stores side by side, 1/2 a block north of the traffic circle where St Rt 36 comes through...had to park across the street. 

The store I went into is called The Boston.....there USED to be a dealer there, upstairs , that had almost the entire room up there....so, I trudged up  the stairs....

Empty room?   Down the hall was a new sign...said "MAN CAVE!".....took a look inside that small room...lots of model cars and airplanes..as for any tools?

This was it?

And..that very rusty No.101 was $25?   Ouch!   Back down the stairs, empty handed, and WAS headed out the door.  Stopped to ask at the counter about the dealer that was upstairs...."Oh, he moved downstairs...if you go all the way to the back of the store, he is only the right side of the backroom....."   Long walk back..entered the doorway...

And almost walked into this table....I was distracted by ..

There were 2 large planes up on that shelf...was able to look farther along THAT wall..

Turned the corner..

Then at the back of this room...

There is another wall behind this...but the pictures were too blurry to keep...holding the camera with one hand, and

This in the other....long walk back up front, price tag said $65.00, Sales Tax added almost another 5 bucks...then had to walk across the street, while holding that Stanley No. 8c, Type 19.    Did not feel up to walking through the other store, carrying this big item....they might want me to buy it again?

The Stanley did clean up fairly well, last night...

Even took it for a shakedown cruise...

Drive through Urbana, OH, headed south on 68....around the traffic circle...and a bunch of traffic lights...Finally got out of town, without getting hit....although a few did try.

"Just because you have a License to drive in Ohio, it is no guarrentee that you in fact know HOW to drive.."   So, on south, go through Springfield, OH.    At the corner of Rt72 and US 40  hang a left....take US 40 all the way out east to Harmony, OH.    IF you go under I-70, you have gone too far.....Entrance is a bit hard to see...

Pulled into Heart of Ohio Antique Center.....had almost all of 8 "rooms"/buildings to walk through.....IF you do go here, 1st time, allow at least 3 hours to walk through all of this place.    After, that..drive back west to Titus Rd..there are 2 more LARGE Antique malls down that way...I was too sore, and low on Budget,,,stopped for Fish, and went home...

Stay tuned for the BIG tour..
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Ok...When you walk into this place, you have three options....either keeping walking straight ahead...or turn left, or turn right....and.NO, they do not provide any maps..
Not finding much straight ahead, I came back and headed down the "West Wing"...Confronted by the first booth...

This was on a table in the middle of the booth...then look along the right wall...

This dealer seemed to have a few saws...

And, thinks they are all gold-plated, too...onwards!

Walked into the start of one of the rooms..

Interesting sight...the wing walls are also full on the outside....
I did find out where Granny Clampett keeps her shotguns..

Some booths you have to watch where you walk...as you might trip, or step on something..

You might miss things, too

And some ain't gonna move...

No matter how hard ya kick it.   Lots of white peg boards...however, IF things are in a Glass Case...$$$

Like that Buck Rogers pistol?

There are sales people walking around with the keys to open these cases, they will stand there while you paw through the stuff, and then lock it back up when you are done..get tired of carrying stuff?    They have little red wagons to pull around, or, they will take your item up front for you, give you a numbered tag, and they will pull that tagged item out when you go back up front to buy the item(s)....

Stay tuned....more, much more to come
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Ok, just to the right of that case with all the planes...

No drooling allowed...continue on...pictures are a bit jumbled up, feet are getting sore..

and..

and still at that blue bench..

Forgot one..back in the booth of gold-plated toys...these two...

Front is a No.7c, with a cracked low knob...only $135...behind it is a Type 19 No. 7....better shape, only...$150 + tax...they are still there,IF you want them..
next..The Peg Board Booth...had a rack of chisels...

and a few other goodies..

Screwdrivers....or

Complete set?   Don't get distracted..more stuff just below this..

Was more interested in that wooden case....full of drill bits,ala Russel Jennings...behind that match plane is a wooden. foldup case, for more bits, as for the Match plane?

This side had the cutter, the other side was missing it's cutter.....
Onwards..(tired, yet?) Another booth had this "Gem"

Complete with the "tree" and rods...looks like the saw was new....Stanley No. 2358 Mitre Box & Saw....$75 + tax..

Still more to come, as I was looking for one certain booth....and..you'll see why..
Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Other than that Cafe when you first come in the doors....there isn't much to sit on to rest a bit....Cafe has a "room" where you can sit down and watch a bit of TV,,,but, they frown on sitting on any of the Antique chairs....most where too low for my butt, anyway ..so..more stuff..

This is just the bottom 3rd of a case that is as tall as me...mainly hammers and hatchets...not sure what else, as for the top 3rd?

On the other side of this cabinet, an entire booth that looked like it could completely re-stock a Snap-on Truck..all mechanic's tools....onward..

Not sure what those are,,but it was guarded by a huge mouse trap...next..

Have to keep on eye on shelves, around here....sometimes, they even have the cutters that fit...Snaggle tooth saws, too

Walking past that Stencil Cutter Machine....that marking gauge was missing a few items...

At the far, far end of building No.8 this hoved into sight..

The booth I was trying to find...remember the rule about glass cases.....and IF you like wood bodied planes?

He did have a few.  Booth has 3 walls of racks like this....those visegrips are hanging on a bookcase in the middle of the booth, just barely enough room to walk around it, and filled with more tools, even a big pile on top!

Dug around THAT pile,,,as small gems can be found under things....which is where I found 2 of these pointy things...

Bottom 2 were black taped together, priced at $6...on the way back out of this booth..noticed that third one...no tag...walked up front...feet said I was done..
No-tag was also $6...so $12+ tax.....headed back into Springfield on US 40...I didn't feel like going through the 2 malls on Titus Rd..big antique malls...had Long John Silvers fish calling my name ( stomach?)   stopped there, then headed home....just  2 store Day trip...

Thanks for riding along..
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
(01-15-2022, 12:18 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Other than that Cafe when you first come in the doors....there isn't much to sit on to rest a bit....Cafe has a "room" where you can sit down and watch a bit of TV,,,but, they frown on sitting on any of the Antique chairs....most where too low for my butt, anyway ..so..more stuff..

This is just the bottom 3rd of a case that is as tall as me...mainly hammers and hatchets...not sure what else, as for the top 3rd?

On the other side of this cabinet, an entire booth that looked like it could completely re-stock a Snap-on Truck..all mechanic's tools....onward..

Not sure what those are,,but it was guarded by a huge mouse trap...next..

Have to keep on eye on shelves, around here....sometimes, they even have the cutters that fit...Snaggle tooth saws, too

Walking past that Stencil Cutter Machine....that marking gauge was missing a few items...

At the far, far end of building No.8 this hoved into sight..
The booth I was trying to find...remember the rule about glass cases.....and IF you like wood bodied planes?

He did have a few.  Booth has 3 walls of racks like this....those visegrips are hanging on a bookcase in the middle of the booth, just barely enough room to walk around it, and filled with more tools, even a big pile on top!

Dug around THAT pile,,,as small gems can be found under things....which is where I found 2 of these pointy things...

Bottom 2 were black taped together, priced at $6...on the way back out of this booth..noticed that third one...no tag...walked up front...feet said I was done..
No-tag was also $6...so $12+ tax.....headed back into Springfield on US 40...I didn't feel like going through the 2 malls on Titus Rd..big antique malls...had Long John Silvers fish calling my name ( stomach?)   stopped there, then headed home....just  2 store Day trip...

Thanks for riding along..
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Thanks.............So many tools...so little time.......
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Was what Bandit called a stencil machine a Retoother?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nope.  It was really to cut stencils.