would 41" be too wide for a "toe-kick drawer"
Got a good spot for a toe-kick drawer of that width in my custom layout, but is that too wide if it were on 24" full extension slides?
(01-25-2022, 04:41 PM)mound Wrote: Got a good spot for a toe-kick drawer of that width in my custom layout, but is that too wide if it were on 24" full extension slides?

I've made some that were nearly 48" wide riding on 20" undermounts w/o problem.  I'd say you'll be fine since yours is narrower and even deeper.  

John
(01-25-2022, 04:53 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I've made some that were nearly 48" wide riding on 20" undermounts w/o problem.  I'd say you'll be fine since yours is narrower and even deeper.  

John

Excellent

Undermounts, really? How much usable height inside the toe-kick drawers?
(01-25-2022, 05:03 PM)mound Wrote: Excellent

Undermounts, really? How much usable height inside the toe-kick drawers?

I wasn't suggesting you use undermounts; only that that's what I used for the large drawers I made.  I think you'll be fine and maybe better off with side mounted slides.  

John
I put toe kick drawers in my present kitchen. I use them for the large flat glass pans, cookie sheets, etc. I don't use them everyday but I feel they worth doing. I put  side mount slides @  30" span. It has been 5 years, so far no problems. I built the toe kick plateform seperate from the cabinets and leveled the toe kick plateform.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I put some in our kitchen. I use one for kitchen manuals (dishwasher, stove, etc), I also have extra racks for the stove, spare fridge filter,. One I use for tools-screwdriver, hammer, pliers. I was a little particular where I placed them, so they would blend in, and other reasons. Yes I would do some again.
I put one small toe kick drawer in my kitchen when I redid it. In hindsight I wish I would have put more in. So not answering the OP's question but if the question is are they worth doing, I say absolutely.
(01-25-2022, 09:21 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I put some in our kitchen.  I use one for kitchen manuals (dishwasher, stove, etc), I also have extra racks for the stove, spare fridge filter,.  One I use for tools-screwdriver, hammer, pliers.  I was a little particular where I placed them, so they would blend in, and other reasons.  Yes I would do some again.

After posting I happened to out in the kitchen and mentioned the thread, I got down on my knees and found two more drawers that I forgot.  I guess the blended in pretty well, and my memory isn't that good.  Nothing great in either one.
(01-25-2022, 04:41 PM)mound Wrote: Got a good spot for a toe-kick drawer of that width in my custom layout, but is that too wide if it were on 24" full extension slides?

I would think you would be fine - not a lot of weight in them.  I would put the back on with  a groove like the sides.  Not of fan of nailing the back on to the bottom.  I have restored all sorts of drawers and that part seemed to fail a lot.  With a groove - no issue.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I did same size, side-mount toe-kick drawer install in my kitchen 10+ years ago. It's used almost daily. Not a single problem.