Hi, beginner with some questions.
I think i like the router table being on the end of the table saw better but with my lack (none) of experience with the router i think i'll build the table instead. if i screw this up i lose the end table and i dont really want to buy another. so unless someone on the chino area of southen cali can help me cut the hole ima stick with a separate table until my woodworking skill can level up.
Another wise move. I somehow wound up with two router tables (built one) and now can't imagine shop life without them. Norm Abrams has a great plan on the New Yankee Workshop web site that at least several on these pages have built and liked.

Good luck,

Doug
(03-22-2022, 09:22 PM)Tapper Wrote: Another wise move. I somehow wound up with two router tables (built one) and now can't imagine shop life without them. Norm Abrams has a great plan on the New Yankee Workshop web site that at least several on these pages have built and liked.

Good luck,

Doug

So sorry for the late reply, kids are on spring break so busy busy >< i'll check them out and see whats within my skillset and make it work. 

also want to thank everyone whose replied and given me so much information.
im 100% more question will arise and i'll be back to ask. for now i have lots to be getting on with, i have an electrician coming this friday to install more circuits, build some cheap stands for a mitre station and a really really cheap outfeed/work table ( its literally a sheet of 3/4 over two sawhorses) when lumber prices drop some then i'll make an effort to do something better
Again, thanks very much for the all the help 

Lean~
*update*

so setting up the PCS today. managed to get the iron wings before stopping for dinner. omg..its so pretty....like ive sprayed wd40 at least 3 times..i never want to scratch these wings..
Enough time spent looking! Time to make some cuts and start creating!

Congrats on the saw.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Electricians left, 3 new 20amp circuits and new shop lights. Fired up the saw and noticed how quiet it is. Its almost 1/4 of the decibel of the mitre saw. Pleasantly surprised. Did a few cuts to make sure the fence measurements were accurate (it was 1/8 off) and then I did a 48" rip from 36" > 24" and this baby glides through wood like butter. I've never used a table saw before so no point of reference but omg it's sweet. This is definitely worth the price.
@
R Clark thanks. I'm already loving it. It's fantastic!
@R Clark thanks. I'm already loving it. It's fantastic!
(04-02-2022, 09:09 PM)Leandre Wrote: Electricians left, 3 new 20amp circuits and new shop lights. Fired up the saw and noticed how quiet it is. Its almost 1/4 of the decibel of the mitre saw. Pleasantly surprised. Did a few cuts to make sure the fence measurements were accurate (it was 1/8 off) and then I did a 48" rip from 36" > 24" and this baby glides through wood like butter. I've never used a table saw before so no point of reference but omg it's sweet. This is definitely worth the price.

Yes, the PCS will be a LOT quieter than the miter saw.  I still wear hearing protection when I'm running the PCS, though.

I think you'll find that your saw will hold adjustment very well after setup.  I got my saw in 2012; we moved in 2014 and the saw went into the new shop.  After being manhandled twice and loaded onto trucks, the saw came off the truck in great shape.  I put the rails back just as if I was installing for the first time.  The blade was parallel to the miter slot and everything else was good, too.  Took about 1 1/2 hours to reassemble and ensure it was right.  

I recently needed to adjust my T-glide fence for the first time in 7 1/2 years.  I take the fence on and off quite often as I swap between it and my crosscut sled.  The place where I put my fence while it's off the saw is off to the side and the fence assembly fell onto the floor.  Five minutes of measuring and adjusting put it right.  I really need to find a better way of setting the fence aside.

Adding 220 to my old shop when we lived in town was the real game changer for me.  My old shop in that house was in the garage and the only power  was one 110V circuit with two duplex outlets; that circuit was shared with the family room.  When I decided to get the PCS, I brought in an electrician and added a subpanel with two 220V circuits and two dedicated 110V circuits.  That electrical work really increased usability and convenience in the shop as I no longer was concerned about popping the breaker.  It also "sold" the house when we moved two years later.  Husband in the new owner couple was a  big DIY guy and a nicely outfitted garage shop had him sold as soon as he saw it.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Welcome to the Zoo! Seriously, I can do what woodwork I do because of this forum and the members.

I started out in a shed with a Ryobi BT3000 and a router. Had to pull the saw outside to cut anything. And built a plywood bookcase headboard, desk with drawers, bookcase, and other similar stuff. 

Point being you can do a lot with a little and some ingenuity. With a TS and roller stands, plywood can be ripped safely.

The most important thing is-----PAT ATTENTION TO  WHAT YOU ARE DOING. The time or three I was injured was when I was not paying attention to the work I was doing. The worst injury was with an utility knife.