Removing pulley from planer
Finally getting around to installing my shelix head planer on my Shopfox 1742 planer.  Following the instructions and I've gotten to the point of removing the pulley but it seems to be jammed in place.  I tried (not so gently) trying to get it out with a pry bar and it won't budge.  It feels like I'm missing something but can't figure it out.  Any suggestions.  Pics of pulley below

Attached Files Image(s)

Would a bearing puller be a good idea?
One of these;

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech-...WNrPXRydWU=
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(05-02-2022, 09:53 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: One of these;

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech-...WNrPXRydWU=

Thanks.  I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it earlier and spending a few unsuccessful hours trying to remove the pulley.  I actually have one but it's a light weight version and probably won't work.  Last time I needed one I borrowed from Autozone (car parts store).
If you haven’t already, not a bad idea to check for a second set screw behind the first one. Kind of a locking arrangement.
Earl
(05-03-2022, 05:35 AM)greenacres2 Wrote: If you haven’t already, not a bad idea to check for a second set screw behind the first one.  Kind of a locking arrangement.
Earl

+1 this method is used a lot.  Roly
(05-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Thanks.  I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it earlier and spending a few unsuccessful hours trying to remove the pulley.  I actually have one but it's a light weight version and probably won't work.  Last time I needed one I borrowed from Autozone (car parts store).

Lots cheaper at Harbor Freight
Winkgrin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

The one I actually used was free since I borrowed it. Autozone (and similar stores) allow you to borrow certain tools. Just need to leave a deposit. Worked like a charm and got the pulley out very easily. All the instructions I read said it should come out easily. They must have had the hulk removing it. lol