Acme Handsaw Filer Model HSF
Acme Handsaw Filer. The Original and the BEST. This is the top quality filer that professional saw shops have used for decades. In a completely different league than a Foley. I have owned a large saw & tool company for 47 years and am retiring. This machine is in excellent condition. 28" vise that is clean, straight, opens & closes smoothly, and holds the handsaw tight. 30 degree bevel left and right. Has 5 degree tilt head. Work light. Adjustable self-leveling feet. New files included. Original paint except on the base. Serial No. 1688. Manufactured by MAX Mfg., San Jose, CA.

This machine is located in Concord, CA. at Bay Area Carbide. I will be moving out within a couple of weeks. Price is $800

Thank you, -Doug

It would be a shame to rip it apart, but if you ever think about selling the saw vice only and send it to Germany, please contact me.

Cheers
Pedder
Wowzer. Somebody's going to be happy.
(05-05-2022, 09:38 AM)gov.cheese Wrote: Wowzer. Somebody's going to be happy.

Figures it is way over there. Otherwise it would be in my shop already.
BontzSawWorks.net
(05-05-2022, 04:44 AM)Pedder Wrote: It would be a shame to rip it apart, but if you ever think about selling the saw vice only and send it to Germany, please contact me.

Cheers
Pedder

I can not imagine the cost of shipping just the crated up vise to Germany with customs etc..
So I am guessing crating this up and shipping it to Illinois is out of the question??
BontzSawWorks.net
(05-05-2022, 12:13 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: I can not imagine the cost of shipping just the crated up vise to Germany with customs etc..
So I am guessing crating this up and shipping it to Illinois is out of the question??

I will crate it for free. You can check with UPS and FedEx freight for shipping. Sometimes the rate is not too bad. The crate will be 51"w x 39"d x 60"h with weight at 450 pounds crated (350 Lbs for the machine plus 100 Lbs for the crate). The photo included here is of a different machine, but it would be crated similarly.

Kinda know what it is. Don't know how to use it. Definitely don't need it. Absolutely wish I had it...
GLWS!

Earl
(05-06-2022, 08:51 PM)thomaskila Wrote: Kinda know what it is.  Don't know how to use it.  Definitely don't need it.  Absolutely wish I had it...
GLWS!

Earl

Ahh. Just saw this. Will have to make a couple of calls Monday.
BontzSawWorks.net
(05-05-2022, 04:44 AM)Pedder Wrote: It would be a shame to rip it apart, but if you ever think about selling the saw vice only and send it to Germany, please contact me.

Cheers
Pedder

You're gonna pass this up? You could ship the entire thing. I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, but hey, you're a lawyer!
Winkgrin

I mean, don't you lawyers know how to screw the shipping companies? j/k (that's a joke son!, people hate my humor)

But it seems you could ship it, then take the shipping company to court for whatever reason, you could probably google one if you need to...LOL Then you would have enough to buy Klaus one.
Wink Seriously though, consider buying it before Ron gets it. Even if you don't end up buying it, ask the OP if you can check on shipping costs, he even offered to crate it.

You'll get over the shipping pretty quick after you get it...I know it's a bitter pill to swallow on something like that, but look how vintage and cool it looks! And I do mean that, I would love to have that in my shop...I'd probably buy one after I get the shop in...I can't believe one popped up, just after talking about it...maybe the OP's ears were burning? And seriously, how many of those vises are, err...I mean will be in Germany? I think exactly 1 of them. darn, that's a cool one...great shape!

And to add more fuel to the fire, cause I do want to see you get this, it's an odd coincidence...you could presale saws to pay for it, so it's not like it would cost you. Granted, you have to make the saws...but I bet people here would be willing to wait and possibly put a deposit up front, could be a win-win for you in that regard. I know people like your saws.
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
(05-05-2022, 12:13 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: I can not imagine the cost of shipping just the crated up vise to Germany with customs etc..

I don't think it would be too bad by boat, about $1000-$1500.

Maybe you could get it and sell Pedder one of your vises? That would be a win-win.

My hat's not in this ring, my coin is staying in my pocket for my shop! darn, even made in San Jose...that's where I live...Have at it Ron!
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.