My first end table
Making a 28x19in black walnut/ resin river table
Wow, I can’t believe there’s not one response to this post. I think your table is awesome. Would be even more awesome if the base were wood as well, but that’s just me. Great job, I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Wally
(10-18-2022, 06:42 PM)Wally A. Wrote: Wow, I can’t believe there’s not one response to this post. I think your table is awesome. Would be even more awesome if the base were wood as well, but that’s just me. Great job, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

A couple of photos and a paragraph or two to describe what/how the table was made might have garnered more feedback than a 14+ minute video that could have been cut to 3 minutes with no loss in content.  No offense, but was the OP really interested in feedback or pulling viewers to his YouTube site?     

John
It looks like a nice table. I agree, that it wouldn't hurt to have some static photos along with the video. 

Never saw a woodshop with a drum kit in it.
Plus, I think some of us are "river tabled" and "live edged" out...................hopefully the fad will go away soon.
(10-18-2022, 07:14 PM)jteneyck Wrote: A couple of photos and a paragraph or two to describe what/how the table was made might have garnered more feedback than a 14+ minute video that could have been cut to 3 minutes with no loss in content.  No offense, but was the OP really interested in feedback or pulling viewers to his YouTube site?     

John

Some people are more into visual than reading and enjoy seeing the whole process. Don't want to watch a video on my project, then don't. No ones forcing you to. Keep scrolling
(10-27-2022, 09:02 AM)mtrainer90 Wrote: Some people are more into visual than reading and enjoy seeing the whole process. Don't want to watch a video on my project, then don't. No ones forcing you to. Keep scrolling

Some.  But most people who don't live their lives on social media would like to see the project and a short description about it and then decide if it's worth their time to watch the whole process.  The cynic in me says your motivation for posting here is to get more hits on your YouTube channel, with no real interest in participating in this Forum.  I never see other posts by you, nor comments or recommendations on other's projects.  

John
(10-27-2022, 09:26 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Some.  But most people who don't live their lives on social media would like to see the project and a short description about it and then decide if it's worth their time to watch the whole process.  The cynic in me says your motivation for posting here is to get more hits on your YouTube channel, with no real interest in participating in this Forum.  I never see other posts by you, nor comments or recommendations on other's projects.  

John

Well again, feel free to keep scrolling if you dont like what I post. Have a great day
(10-27-2022, 12:22 PM)mtrainer90 Wrote: Well again, feel free to keep scrolling if you dont like what I post. Have a great day

I suggest that you take John's posts as constructive criticism.

Wally started the thread tangent with his post about lack of replies.

John responded to Wally about why that might be.

In case it has not occurred to you, there are people who read WN on phones and tablets. On those devices, one can not do the trick of hovering over the video scroll bar to preview frames in the video. They have to watch the video or not.

While the comment about increasing your youtube viewing count may sound like an insult, the suggestion that more participation in threads here can raise the awareness of your participation and, hence, people seeking to view your posts and videos is consistent with what we have seen here and on other forums.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.