Youtube channel - dominick ricker
Anybody else subscribed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnSYyFkRII
Dominik Rickerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnSYyFkRII
Hadn't seen this one before.  From the first 5 mins, it looks like something worth following.
Pretentious posturing. I lasted 5 or 6 minutes.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(09-16-2022, 12:39 AM)mdhills Wrote: Anybody else subscribed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnSYyFkRII
Dominik Rickerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnSYyFkRII

An artistic spin on hand tool woodworking with green lumber: it was well done and I suspect could be very inspirational for the right audience. My German is a little rusty, but I had no problem understanding it
Smile
(09-16-2022, 10:58 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Pretentious posturing. I lasted 5 or 6 minutes.

Regards from Perth

Derek

How so? I don't see a whole lot of difference between this guy and one's like ishitani furniture who is my favorite I think.  
My critique is I don't speak German.  Not his problem...I don't care for that long of videos generally...
Seems like a decent channel otherwise.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Maybe go and watch some by a guy named Klaus?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(09-16-2022, 11:02 PM)Scott W Wrote: How so? I don't see a whole lot of difference between this guy and one's like ishitani furniture who is my favorite I think.  
My critique is I don't speak German.  Not his problem...I don't care for that long of videos generally...
Seems like a decent channel otherwise.

Scott, for a start, he is more aware of himself than aware of the workpiece. He works in slow motion, as if doing ballet. It is all very show-offy. He deliberate takes showy shavings (without necessarily cutting much) than anything workmanlike. 

By contrast, Ishitani is about creating a product, and it is clear that he is goal directed, and what the target is. There is no preening for the camera. If anything, Ishitani is quite shy and avoidant.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(09-17-2022, 10:11 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Scott, for a start, he is more aware of himself than aware of the workpiece. He works in slow motion, as if doing ballet. It is all very show-offy. He deliberate takes showy shavings (without necessarily cutting much) than anything workmanlike. 

By contrast, Ishitani is about creating a product, and it is clear that he is goal directed, and what the target is. There is no preening for the camera. If anything, Ishitani is quite shy and avoidant.

Regards from Perth

Derek

In his defense, he does describe the video in the comments as a "short film". As such, the goal is different.  If it's not your taste no problem...I doubt I'll watch anymore either for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I did like seeing continental planes in use.
I WILL be checking this video out...can't hurt.    I think I can even reset the closed captions over to English...we'll  see...

Yes, I do watch Ishitani videos...he has a few tricks I can use, from time to time....

As for another's "videos"  ..never found the need to watch....was like watching a Toyota Sellathon.....too many plugs for his "sponsors"....

I'd rather watch Rex Krueger's videos, instead....as they tend to make more sense, and less Sponsor's BS.

And..I'll just post this on another site..

Case closed..

See ya....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(09-18-2022, 02:37 PM)bandit571 Wrote: I WILL be checking this video out...can't hurt.    I think I can even reset the closed captions over to English...we'll  see...

Yes, I do watch Ishitani videos...he has a few tricks I can use, from time to time....

As for another's "videos"  ..never found the need to watch....was like watching a Toyota Sellathon.....too many plugs for his "sponsors"....

I'd rather watch Rex Krueger's videos, instead....as they tend to make more sense, and less Sponsor's BS.

And..I'll just post this on another site..

Case closed..

See ya....

This is why I like YouTube...so many choice. I personally do not like Rex Krueger videos AT ALL. A lot of people do though.