Anyone watch "The House That Norm Built" on PBS last night??
Norm Abrams is retiring from TOH and they had a nice tribute to him last night.  1 hour show with a few people wishing him the best in retirement.  The TOH crew past and present offered their best wishes but I don't recall Bob Vila offering a tribute.

It was nicely done.

I'll miss Norm.  I've built a few of his pieces in his "Mostly Shaker" book.

Good luck Norm...you've earned it.
Dumber than I appear
Yup. I have watched him for years and have a few of his books. I think he probably influenced more people to get into woodworking than anyone else. I wish him a long life and a happy retirement.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Missed most of it, but caught the last 20 minutes.  I enjoyed it and wish I had been able to watch the whole thing.  I hope PBS puts that one in regular repeat rotation.  I think Norm was genuinely moved by the tributes.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Didn't see the show but thanks for the heads up. Will try to catch it in reruns. Norm was the best IMO. He made the difficult seem simple and had a special way about him in explaining techniques clearly.

All the best, Norm - enjoy your retirement and you will be missed!

Doug
Thanks Doug....

Gents, if you go to your local listings, it's gonna be aired a number of times in the near future. 

I'm gonna tape it....
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
A very nice tribute. And yes, Norm seemed truly moved by the comments from his peers. His reaction to Mike Rowe was amazing.

FWIW

If you have Roku you can stream it on demand.
I wonder if it was Bob Vila or PBS that decided he wouldn't film a 'goodbye and good luck'.    I always thought him to be a condescending pr**k, so it wouldn't suprise me at all if they asked and he refused.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t want Vila there.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I finally got to watch it. Very well done. I have 1 question. While they are lined up for photos they start setting up another group. WHAT THE %#!& THAT IN THE BRIGHT GREEN DRESS WITH GREEN BALLS STUCK TO IT??????
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget