Circ saw blade to cut quartz countertop??
Quote:NOPE, sky won't fall, but it'll sure get cloudy!   That's the main reason for water, dust suppression.  As a bonus, a solid rib blade used with water will leave fewer score marks on the cut end.   If it will be polished and exposed that could be important.

The metabo t13 leaves virtually no dust.   It's also a lot less messy than water for in situ cuts. And ya don't have to go get the water or freeze your hands off in it if it's wintertime.   With a blade suited to the material, a dry cut can be as smooth as a wet cut.

Not a lot of wetsaws will cut 48". 

Considering tmx is doing a one off 4ft. long, investing in anything but a dry cut blade for his tool is probably not prudent.
a trickling of water while using a Skilsaw is a better idea than a dry cut.  You mention the Metabo and how it performs at almost $500 it should do that.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Here's something I thought of and never suggested partially because I don't know what goes on where you are.  It might be worth taking the stone to fabricator to cut probably won't be much more than a blade and polishing kit.  I have been lucky enough to have a fabricator working down the street from a place I was doing and hired him for a tricky cut.  It took him a few minutes with the right tools and loads of experience.  I have done the same with other jobs.  Then again it is common to see work trucks in the areas  I have houses.  I once had a tiled entry done by a guy working on a job down the street the cost was just a bit more than it would have cost me to come back another day to do it myself.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-16-2022, 11:00 PM)Bob10 Wrote: a trickling of water while using a Skilsaw is a better idea than a dry cut.  You mention the Metabo and how it performs at almost $500 it should do that.

In some instances it might be, in others not really  
No

Then there's a risk of electrocution if one puts together their own rube goldberg wet cutter and doesn't know what they're doing or makes a mistake.

If expense is your overriding criteria, a dry cutting blade on your existing saw or grinder is going to be the absolute cheapest option. It's not even close.   After that it just becomes an exercise in ........."well, ya could do this,  or that, or maybe this other thing- if that's really important to you " .    It's not a one way is better than the other kind of problem.

The task is just not one that offers a universal  "best tool or solution" for everyone.
(11-17-2022, 09:13 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: In some instances it might be, in others not really  
No

Then there's a risk of electrocution if one puts together their own rube goldberg wet cutter and doesn't know what they're doing or makes a mistake.

If expense is your overriding criteria, a dry cutting blade on your existing saw or grinder is going to be the absolute cheapest option. It's not even close.   After that it just becomes an exercise in ........."well, ya could do this,  or that, or maybe this other thing- if that's really important to you " .    It's not a one way is better than the other kind of problem.

The task is just not one that offers a universal  "best tool or solution" for everyone.

garage and exterior outlet should be GFCI protected if not this works

https://www.amazon.com/TRC-Southwire-146...77&sr=8-10

Phil Thien

(11-18-2022, 01:16 AM)Bob10 Wrote: garage and exterior outlet should be GFCI protected if not this works

https://www.amazon.com/TRC-Southwire-146...77&sr=8-10

Bob , you’re missing the point entirely.  

There’s what should be, ………… then there’s what is.   One really needs to keep that in mind when recommending something potentially lethal.
(11-18-2022, 11:18 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Bob , you’re missing the point entirely.  

There’s what should be, ………… then there’s what is.   One really needs to keep that in mind when recommending something potentially lethal.

Evidently you missed the link to what is needed

Phil Thien

(11-18-2022, 11:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Evidently you missed the link to what is needed

didn't miss it at all.
I got this one but it not much different than a cheap circular saw and in retrospect probably a bit overpriced even when I bought it. I burned up 2 $30 circular saws cutting stone but better that than a $150 worm unit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BV...UTF8&psc=1

The main advantage of this is the built in water line and it has one of those GFCI plugs. The motor is probably better than a $30 circ saw, I have used it quite bit and seems to be OK so far but I'm sure that Metabo will run circles around it.

Also I noticed that the diamond blades have an overload preventer washer in the center. If you overload the blade the washer spins inside the blade - maybe a scheme to sell more blades. So you can remove the washer and file it thinner with a file. Have to be careful not to stall the saw motor, it seems that you do that a few times and they quit for good.
Curious how you managed to “burn up “ two blades on a wet saw ?
Confused