If You Are Ever in Asheville NC
The Antique Tobacco Barn is worth a stop.   We were in Asheville last weekend and that was one of the stops.  Lots of old hand tools including wooden block planes.  I can't speak for prices because I don't know what things are worth but most of them were in decent shape with solid irons, including a few that were sharp.  They also had a lot of profile planes - dado planes, planes to round over corners or cut ogees, etc.  Some of these were missing their irons though I imagine it wouldn't be a ton of work to profile a new one.

(11-22-2022, 08:21 AM)crokett™ Wrote: The Antique Tobacco Barn is worth a stop.   We were in Asheville last weekend and that was one of the stops.  Lots of old hand tools including wooden block planes.  I can't speak for prices because I don't know what things are worth but most of them were in decent shape with solid irons, including a few that were sharp.  They also had a lot of profile planes - dado planes, planes to round over corners or cut ogees, etc.  Some of these were missing their irons though I imagine it wouldn't be a ton of work to profile a new one.
I went there a couple of years ago...the old building is huge!!!!! Not much in the way of tools as I recall, at that time anyway. Prices as a buyer/seller were not all that great, but I did manage to find a couple of chisels that were worthwhile.
"So it's Tommy this, and Tommy that,
and cast him out, the brute..
But 'ees the savior of the country
When the guns begin to shoot.
R. Kipling

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korea, the Forgotten War 50/55
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Don't forget a tour of Biltmore and a cruise through the Grove Park Inn! Enjoyed the annual Arts and Craft Show there for many years when we lived in Atlanta.
Asheville is awesome
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(11-22-2022, 03:07 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ................
I went there a couple of years ago...the old building is huge!!!!! Not much in the way of tools as I recall, at that time anyway. Prices as a buyer/seller were not all that great, but I did manage to find a couple of chisels that were worthwhile.

My shop is small enough that I can't afford to store anything thatI don't use, otherwise I would have bought some of the old hand tools.  After my inlaws are no longer with us and I have a full office, I will have the room to build and hang display cases for some of the old hand tools.