Finish for outdoor bench
I am consulting on an Eagle Scout project, making 4 benches for a school's soccer team.  The benches will be made out of dimensional lumber.  I doubt the scout troop will be around later to refinish the benches.  So rather than choose a finish that needs to be sanded and refinished over the years.  I would like to find a finish that would be like an oil protectant that can be re-applied each season easily.

Is there some sort of oil protectant that would be easiest to reapply to protect each season?
A carpenter's house is never done.
(12-02-2022, 06:46 PM)photobug Wrote: I am consulting on an Eagle Scout project, making 4 benches for a school's soccer team.  The benches will be made out of dimensional lumber.  I doubt the scout troop will be around later to refinish the benches.  So rather than choose a finish that needs to be sanded and refinished over the years.  I would like to find a finish that would be like an oil protectant that can be re-applied each season easily.

Is there some sort of oil protectant that would be easiest to reapply to protect each season?

I've used OneTime wood finish on an outdoor bench.  Two years old and, as far as I know, it's doing OK.  I did a test patch with it on a bench seat on my deck.  It's the only finish that made it through the winter with getting black mold on it.  It fades after a year, but it's easy to refresh.  

John