Paring chisels
Recently completed this set of paring chisels for a client. Sizes are 1/4,3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0"

Blade thickness is nominal 1/8". Handle material is resin infused Masur birch obtained from the Baltic region just prior to the start of the war in Ukraine. Overall length is 10.5, the 1.5 and 2" chisels are slightly longer as the handles are upsized appropriately for the larger chisels.

Ron

[Image: IMG_2099.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_2100.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_2103.jpeg]

[Image: IMG_2104.jpeg]
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Wow, those are beautiful Ron!
Stunning workmanship!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Beautiful work, Ron! The handles are stunning. What steel did you use?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(12-08-2022, 10:35 AM)AHill Wrote: Beautiful work, Ron!  The handles are stunning.  What steel did you use?

Alan the steel is Presco high carbon steel. On paring chisels I leave them a bit harder during the tempering process. The slightly harder material allows for an even keener edge which is  nice on a paring chisel. 

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Well done! You have a fantastic ability to combine two valuable skills: woodworking and blade making.
Outstanding! (as usual)
Gorgeous chisels, Ron.
Whoa

Absolutely gorgeous
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Hi Ron,

I think I know the sister board of this wood. It is absolutly gorgeous what you made of it. looking forward to use mine.

Cheers
Pedder