Baroque
"Baroque"
This partly segmented piece is made from Curly Maple and Ribbon Sapele. The base bowl section was first turned, then hand carved with 16 flutes. There is a 1/8" layer of curly Maple in between the bowl and foot that has a bead turned in to it. After carving the outer bowl section the piece went back on the lathe to turn the rim that had been turned previously to match the bowls angle and glued onto the bowl . Then the design was hand drawn and hand carved into the rim. The piece finished at 13 1/2" D 5" Tall. The final finish is satin lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's an amazingly beautiful piece. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.
(12-09-2022, 06:57 PM)grwold Wrote: That's an amazingly beautiful piece.  Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

+1

It is amazing how much the lighting and shadows affect the interior of the bowl.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Beautiful work as always Bruce!
Just keep getting more amazing!

Museum pieces for sure.
VH07V  
I like the name change.  Of course, the piece is beautiful!  I am blown away by how you are able to take a simple detail and turn it into a featured detail, example: the 1/8" bead on the maple in the base.

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to share your talent with us.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
wow . . . that's an awesome piece!  
Cool
Thank you everyone for the nice comments.