What happened to Lumberjocks?
I've been away a while... it looks like an entirely different site now.  (not sure I like it)

Did someone step in and buy it?  What happened to Martin?
I am a LumberJocks user. I have no affiliation with the site or the managing organization.

The LumberJocks site was migrated to a more modern forum software system in September 2022. Based on the comments from the moderators, the previous package was old and hard to maintain.

Yes, it is very different and takes some getting used to. Give it a chance. Most of the regulars that you saw when you were on last are probably still there.

I am a subscriber to another forum that uses the same software so the change was pretty easy for me. I have also visited a couple of other forums that use the same software so the software seems to meet the needs of many markets.

I do not believe that the site was sold, but I may be wrong.

My observations and opinions...take them for what they are worth.

TonyC
I was surprised by the change too.  I haven't been as regular of a visitor as I used to be.  Fortunately (for me) I'm on two other forums that use the same software, so the change isn't too big of a deal for me.  I do miss having the projects on the home page.
I haven't gotten used to the new software; had liked the collection of reviews.
LJ advertised the software change for many months prior to the cutover.  As stated above, the previous site was labor intensive according to the primary admin.

The new site looks and acts much like other sites I follow for my truck and ATV.  It has good points and bad points.

I still haven't found everything I saw before, but I'll get there eventually.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Martin sold off LJ long ago. As they said above, the change was well publicized and from many of the long time members it's pretty well criticized. I like the change, count me as one of the few that does. But I'll say this, it looks to me like their membership is growing in leaps and bounds since the change......maybe I'm just delusional.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-11-2023, 09:15 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Martin sold off LJ long ago. As they said above, the change was well publicized and from many of the long time members it's pretty well criticized. I like the change, count me as one of the few that does. But I'll say this, it looks to me like their membership is growing in leaps and bounds since the change......maybe I'm just delusional.

More WN moving over there....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Lots of LJ folks, like me, are real disappointed in how they borked the site and are visiting
https://craftisian.com/
which is Martin’s newer forum.
It’s what a very good WW site.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(01-10-2023, 05:41 PM)jon003 Wrote: I've been away a while... it looks like an entirely different site now.  (not sure I like it)

Did someone step in and buy it?  What happened to Martin?

It seems to take some getting used to.  I'm not ready to judge it yet.  I do think the way the old site had columns of projects, and presented the photos and thumbnails both larger and in better resolution, helped draw interest to some of those sections.  We'll see.  Maybe it is a good thing to update.  I can certainly empathize with having to maintain clunky software.
Tried to log in and rejected. Changed password, still wouldnt let me in, saying account rejected. Some software issues going on over there.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis