General Int. druum sanders?
Ok. So I have been out of the loop as of late. Remodeling my house, etc. I have a General International 24" double drum sander. A great time saver for me and it's been a good work horse. But they seem to no longer make this tool. Did they stop making dual drum sanders?
BontzSawWorks.net
(01-13-2023, 01:06 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Ok. So I have been out of the loop as of late. Remodeling my house, etc. I have a General International 24" double drum sander. A great time saver for me and it's been a good work horse. But they seem to no longer make this tool. Did they stop making dual drum sanders?

It looks like they no longer offer one anymore, but why do you care, you have one?  I've had one for several years.  Works great.  If anything breaks, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find parts.  

John
(01-13-2023, 01:51 PM)jteneyck Wrote: It looks like they no longer offer one anymore, but why do you care, you have one?  I've had one for several years.  Works great.  If anything breaks, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find parts.  

John

I was looking for their 25" version.
BontzSawWorks.net
I have their drum sander also, great machine. I don't think that either General or its'  Asian version are are even in business anymore.

Tom
(01-14-2023, 10:23 AM)RonB1957 Wrote: I was looking for their 25" version.

My friend has a Steel City 25".  Same machine basically.  You might look for a used Steel City.  I'm not sure GI ever made a 25" one.  

John
(01-15-2023, 11:22 AM)jteneyck Wrote: My friend has a Steel City 25".  Same machine basically.  You might look for a used Steel City.  I'm not sure GI ever made a 25" one.  

John

Well, My 6 x 89 belt sander, I bought used, seems to have a stripped spot on the micro belt adjustment screw. I have looked with out any success for a replacement. Any leads on spare/ replacement parts would be appreciated. It's hard to believe there would be none out there. 15-005 M1 Part # 15005-47 ( 20103029 )
BontzSawWorks.net
(01-17-2023, 07:26 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Well, My 6 x 89 belt sander, I bought used, seems to have a stripped spot on the micro belt adjustment screw. I have looked with out any success for a replacement. Any leads on spare/ replacement parts would be appreciated. It's hard to believe there would be none out there. 15-005 M1 Part # 15005-47 ( 20103029 )

No idea where to buy the part.  I couldn't even find a manual for it.  What's it look like?  I would think you could fabricate a replacement or fashion a completely new adjustment mechanism.  Or take the part to a machine shop and have them make a new one.  There's almost always a way.  

John
(01-17-2023, 07:42 PM)jteneyck Wrote: No idea where to buy the part.  I couldn't even find a manual for it.  What's it look like?  I would think you could fabricate a replacement or fashion a completely new adjustment mechanism.  Or take the part to a machine shop and have them make a new one.  There's almost always a way.  

John

The machinist route looks like the way I will be going.
BontzSawWorks.net
(01-17-2023, 07:26 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Well, My 6 x 89 belt sander, I bought used, seems to have a stripped spot on the micro belt adjustment screw. I have looked with out any success for a replacement. Any leads on spare/ replacement parts would be appreciated. It's hard to believe there would be none out there. 15-005 M1 Part # 15005-47 ( 20103029 )

General and Steel City have both been out of business for 12-15 years.

I'm thinking Jet may be the same.
I know that Jet and Powermatic had the same designed 6X89's.

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-Powermatic-EH...B018GGGN8M

https://www.toolpartspro.com/jet-parts/m...w-20103029

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have the GI 25” dual drum sander. Well made, tank of a machine. Several other Pacific Rim made machines are close or identical. Most wear parts appear close enough to common with other machines, that repairs should not be that difficult to someone a bit handy.

I don’t know if the manual was requested for this machine or another. If this one, I have my original and will copy for whoever wants one.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com