Hamler Scraper Insert is available again
The Hamler Scraper Insert is available again on the Loon Lake Tool Works website! The price is $200 each plus actual shipping cost.

If you are not familiar with this tool, it was originally developed about 2005 by Paul Hamler to convert a jointer plane into a long-bed scraper plane, a tool that was never produced by Stanley or any of the other major plane makers. As with a jointer plane, the long-bed scraper flattens waves and undulations in the surface of the board and is the perfect tool for dealing with highly figured woods. The tool is designed to fit Stanley Bailey planes that have a 2 3/8 inch wide iron, including #4 1/2, later #5 1/2, #6, and #7.

I took over production of this tool a few years ago, using the original Hamler molds to make the wax patterns for the castings. The latest version is identical in form and function to Paul's, except for the material. While Paul used bronze for the body components, I chose to use 304 stainless steel for its strength and rust resistance. The brass adjustment screws were turned and knurled one at a time on a screw-making lathe.

The Bailey version is available now. The version designed to fit the Bedrock frog seat will be available in a few weeks.

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Looking forward to mine. It's slated to arrive tomorrow.
Well that will be added to my WANT list.

Also I remember you getting into  the making of them so congrats buddy!  
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Will the Bedrock version fit in a Lie-Nielsen?
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof