SOLD: LN 60 1/2R PRICE DROP to $150
This plane is in mint condition, and comes with all the original wrapping, papers, bag, etc. It has a manufacture date of September 2007, and therefore does not have side spurs. In one sense, it is better than new in that the iron has been thoroughly prepped, with a polished back [ruler trick used] and a micro bevel which is very difficult to see in the images, but it is freshly honed to 12000. The images make the sole look worse than it is - it is smooth and perfectly functional. This plane is really pristine. I am selling it because I simply don't use it, and haven't used it hardly at all over the years, so I'd like to see it go to a good home. Actual shipping costs are to be paid by buyer. I accept paypal [if you add an extra $5 for fees], or a personal check. I will ship after the check clears.

Attached Files Image(s)

OK, so over 200 views, and no interest. Maybe it's priced too high. How about $150 plus shipping? Add $5 for PP fees, or personal check.
(05-13-2023, 01:16 PM)dov tayles Wrote: OK, so over 200 views, and no interest. Maybe it's priced too high. How about $150 plus shipping? Add $5 for PP fees, or personal check.

I'm puzzled why there appears to be no interest in this really good plane at what I think is a fair price. I spent some time with some 800 grit paper on a dead flat surface, and took a new photo of the sole.
In case the new photo got lost in the bunch of the original post, here it is again:

Attached Files Image(s)

I think it's a good price.. I already have one.
That's one thing I have noticed about this group.. great group of guys, but most people already have most of the stuff they want or need.
If you don't get any bites, you might want to try ebay .. I know it's a huge pain, but you should be able to get at least 150 (maybe more) for it.
(05-22-2023, 08:25 AM)paul2004 Wrote: I think it's a good price.. I already have one.
That's one thing I have noticed about this group.. great group of guys, but most people already have most of the stuff they want or need.
If you don't get any bites, you might want to try ebay .. I know it's a huge pain, but you should be able to get at least 150 (maybe more) for it.

Thanks for your comment about the price. At a little more than a 25% discount from new [and no sales tax], I'm surprised it hasn't been taken. I agree that this group is a great group, and I'm hoping there's someone out there who still wants [or needs] this plane.

In case the issue is that it has no nickers [how rude], another member pointed out to me that one can use  a marking knife to score a line, and thereby avoid tear out. I don't recall tear out ever being a problem for me with it. 

Just to be clear, the only reason I'm selling this plane is that I already have a couple of shoulder planes, and a LV skew block, so this is really unnecessary for my working needs. I was recently gifted an old Record wide shoulder plane, which can do almost the same as this plane. I'm trying to not hold on to fine tools that I never use, I'd rather see them go somewhere they'll be used and appreciated. 

I know that the 'bay is an option, but I would really like to see a fellow Woodnetter get it. Also, I'd rather see the discount go to a Woodnetter than sell on eBay for a higher price, in order to end up with the amount I'm asking for. 

If anyone wants more pics, or has any questions, please let me know.
(05-23-2023, 02:34 PM)dov tayles Wrote: Thanks for your comment about the price. At a little more than a 25% discount from new [and no sales tax], I'm surprised it hasn't been taken. I agree that this group is a great group, and I'm hoping there's someone out there who still wants [or needs] this plane.

In case the issue is that it has no nickers [how rude], another member pointed out to me that one can use  a marking knife to score a line, and thereby avoid tear out. I don't recall tear out ever being a problem for me with it. 

Just to be clear, the only reason I'm selling this plane is that I already have a couple of shoulder planes, and a LV skew block, so this is really unnecessary for my working needs. I was recently gifted an old Record wide shoulder plane, which can do almost the same as this plane. I'm trying to not hold on to fine tools that I never use, I'd rather see them go somewhere they'll be used and appreciated. 

I know that the 'bay is an option, but I would really like to see a fellow Woodnetter get it. Also, I'd rather see the discount go to a Woodnetter than sell on eBay for a higher price, in order to end up with the amount I'm asking for. 

If anyone wants more pics, or has any questions, please let me know.

I sent the plane to eBay. It sold within a couple of hours.