I'm the original owner of this Minimax saw. 

This has been a fantastic saw that I have used in my home shop since I bought it in December 2006 (delivered 2007). It’s the new style with 4.8HP, single-phase 220V with over 16” of resaw capacity.

Tires and euro guides are all in great shape 
Mobility kit purchased when new (used to move around shop)

I have used it to cut bowl blanks, I have used it to resaw, I have even used it to cut large dovetails for a David Marks style bench and the cuts were dead-on (pics to show cut quality)

The last one that I found sold for $2300 after an ask of $2600 (on Offerup). The current (lowest delivered) price I could find for the SCM S440 (which is the current model name for this saw) is $5,685 plus tax (oak tree supply). I'm asking $1995

Saw is located in the Boston area in MA.

I will include a 1" Laguna Resaw king with the sale plus a couple of other blades.

Best to all
Edward

Forgot. I have a new throat plate for it.
Here's a picture
What a nice looking saw at a reasonable price! Were I nearer I'd be knocking on your door - good luck with the sale!

Doug

(07-11-2024, 07:01 PM)Tapper Wrote: What a nice looking saw at a reasonable price! Were I nearer I'd be knocking on your door - good luck with the sale!

Doug

Fully agreed.  I'm 930 miles each way--checked this morning!!
That's a good price. Did you make the throat plate, or buy it?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
I'm another guy that would buy it but for the distance. I have one and would like to have a second bandsaw in the shop. Someone is going to get a great deal.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(07-12-2024, 06:07 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I'm another guy that would buy it but for the distance. I have one and would like to have a second bandsaw in the shop. Someone is going to get a great deal.

Have it shipped.  That is an amazing deal on what looks to be a mint condition saw.  

John
That’s a great deal on an amazing saw. I have that same saw bought through another member here and it was in very good shape but not that nice and I paid about the same. Someone should jump on this.
why are you sellling it?, I would be all over it too.
PM sent with questions sent 7/13. No response yet.
FS: MiniMax MM16 4.8HP, 16" Resaw Home Use - Massachusetts