Hi, 
Had my floors professionally sanded/coated with Bona HD some time ago and some annoying surface scratches. 
It seems like those furniture felt pads actually trap grit after a while because I moved a couch with the pads and they scratched pretty bad.
In the future I will only lift furniture. 

I have read the recoat procedure and watched a Bona training video. 
I could pay to have it done but to be honest I was very disappointed with the quality, lots of brush marks had to call them back for another coat and still not that great. 
They told me it was drying too fast but I noticed Bona has a retarder so no excuse.
I had the base off and I knew high risk of dragging the applicator into the dirt at the edge so covered with duct tape and they still managed to pull dirt out. 
One room is only 150 sq ft so can try that first. 

So first step is to clean the floor thoroughly because they warn that even slight contamination can ruin finish. 
I have a HW floor cleaner concentrate, is that good enough?

Next step is sanding with 220. Can I do by hand? I have a 1/2 sheet sander. 
I'm a bit concerned about cutting through or missing spots since floor is not dead flat. 
Perhaps sanding with a soft backer? 
They did use an amber additive and it appears that is used in the sealer not the topcoat. 
My baseboard is installed and really cant remove as will force a repaint.

Application with the T bar and cut in pad, they make it look easy. 
Seems like most important thing is to have good lighting.
Should I tape off the baseboard?

Thanks

Just some random musings:

A better installer would eliminate a lot of the issues your having.  Prep/cleanliness is paramount in any finishing job, floors, wall/trim/cabinet painting, ect......   Why weren't the floors, baseboards, cracks ect.... VACUUMED before the finish was even opened ?

After you clean, you have to remove all the cleaner residue.  this will mean several rinsings of the cleaner.

Sure you can sand by hand, it'll jsut take a looooong time.  A 1/2 sheet sander is prob. goign to create swirl marks, but it's been 20yrs, since I used one, so YMMV.   I can tell you that if your sander does not have dust colllection and you don't have a vacuum with a suitable hose (long and the correct size "small" ) you should FORGET ABOUT SANDING YOURSELF 
No

There are synthetic abrasives for between coats / scuffing.  Think ScotchBrite sponges.  The grits are white, grey, maroon, green, etc......

Your floor should be pretty darn flat after a re-finish.  

Absolutely tape the base if you're not going to remove it. Shoe mold must be removed.
Anyone recoat HW floors with Bona