I am refinishing a hardwood floor.  Any suggestion as to how many coats of Polyurethane to use?

Will the smell ever go away?

Thanks,
Mark

(08-29-2024, 04:37 PM)mdickmann Wrote: I am refinishing a hardwood floor.  Any suggestion as to how many coats of Polyurethane to use?

Thanks,
Mark

Oil based poly is tried and true for floors, but there are plenty of other options these days.  I'd look at waterborne finishes for their fast drying and low smell.  Or hardwax oils for simple application, almost no smell, and easy repair.  

Bona HD Traffic is one product I'd seriously consider.  

John
(08-29-2024, 04:37 PM)mdickmann Wrote: I am refinishing a hardwood floor.  Any suggestion as to how many coats of Polyurethane to use?

Thanks,
Mark

I would recommend two coats.
open some windows...put a fan in one. The smell will dissipate when it gets a cured film.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

coats of Polyurathane