I built a 12 by 16 storage shed. It was planned to only be for storage.

Construction consisted of concrete piers 6” off ground, treated 2x10 I then decided to insulate and put treated ply on top. I walked it up an sealed it in. I used as storage for two years.

Inside perfectly dry

I wired and insulated walls and ceiling and finished inside with vinyl flooring and added mini split. I put a chest deep freeze in it and just storage.

Now I get water under deep freezer and it feels damp inside.

Any suggestions?

(09-29-2024, 12:50 PM)contendernut Wrote: I built a 12 by 16 storage shed. It was planned to only be for storage.

Construction consisted of concrete piers 6” off ground, treated 2x10  I then decided to insulate and put treated ply on top. I walked it up an sealed it in. I used as storage for two years.

Inside perfectly dry

I wired and insulated walls and ceiling and finished inside with vinyl flooring and added mini split. I put a chest deep freeze in it and just storage.

Any suggestions?

Is it a self defrosting freezer ?   If it is remember the moisture has to go somewhere.  Roly
(09-29-2024, 12:50 PM)contendernut Wrote: I built a 12 by 16 storage shed. It was planned to only be for storage.

Construction consisted of concrete piers 6” off ground, treated 2x10  I then decided to insulate and put treated ply on top. I walked it up an sealed it in. I used as storage for two years.

Inside perfectly dry

Any suggestions?

Condensate drain off the mini-split, all good there?
Sounds like your evaporator coil may be icing up or... the evaporator coil gets heated to burn off condensation, just like your air conditioner has a condensate drain to remove the condensate from the coil. But a freezer doesn't produce as much condensation so it usually burns off pretty easily. Maybe your heater isn't working.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Moisture