I tenoning jig is not used every day but it is a great way to safely make some cuts.  

First of all the tenoning jig is really a fixture. It references the workpiece to the cutter but it does not guide the cutter. A dovetail jig guides the cutter and a dowelling jig guides the drill bit.  But when tenoning the cutter is fixed and the fixture holds the part and it moves past the cutter. So much for the Machinery Handbook definition of a jig verses fixture.

Yes there are other ways of making the cuts pictured but I felt a lot safer making these cut when using it so I though I would post them

Worth some consideration, I know it is not red or a table full of holes and all kind of nick knacks to buy. but it is worth a look see.

Tom

I don't have an official tenoning jig. I built a four sided cube that I clamp on my miter jig. It gets the job done. I'm lacking space for a lot of things I don't use regularly.
Yup, got the same jig/fixture.  Very handy, and safe, for many cuts on the TS.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Not used every day