Good afternoon,

I am finishing up on my workbench build and I know very little about hold fast. I am looking at buying two Gramercy holdfast. Anyone have any experience with the Gramercy holdfast? Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. My bench style is very similar to the LN bench. The top is 4 inch thick red oak 73 inches long and 25 inches wide.  

Thanks

(Yesterday, 04:59 PM)amtc Wrote: Good afternoon,

I am finishing up on my workbench build and I know very little about hold fast. I am looking at buying two Gramercy holdfast. Anyone have any experience with the Gramercy holdfast? Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated. My bench style is very similar to the LN bench. The top is 4 inch thick red oak 73 inches long and 25 inches wide.  

Thanks

Although I have not used the Gramercy holdfast, I have used the LN holdfast, which works well. However, I have transitioned to the Veritas Hold Down and find it works very well.
[Image: 05G1401-veritas-hold-down-u-0068.jpg]
I have 4 of the Gramacey holdfasts that I use with a 3 1/2” southern yellow pine workbench. They work great.
Workbench Holdfast