Being passionate about woodworking I like to develop new skills, refine old skills and become more educated. At the start of every year I like to create a list of what I would like to, accomplish, learn, places to go, etc.

Some of the things that I have come up with this year include:
- Trying Japanese tools - chisels, saws, etc
- Visit more museums
- Increasing or diversifying range of furniture types/periods
- Continue to refine my turning skills
- Complete a couple of projects outside my comfort zone.

It's a starting point for this coming year.

Have you given any thought as to what your doing this year?

Build me a new shop, 12x20 garage so I can get back to do some woodworking.
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter!
Fix up my shop, get a new table saw.
"I buy tools so i can make more money, so I can buy more tools so I can work more, to make more money, so I can buy more tools, so I can work more..."

"Happiness is seeing that big brown truck pull up in front of the house".
Testing out the new DeWalt 734 and completing more than one project.
A joint stool, lots of bookshelves, and a total rebuild on my back porch.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I have a tv/stereo equipment stand to finish, after that I need to redo some shop tools, a moon vise, some bookshelves and boxes (some apple crates too), and if I can find wood for it... Start on a half set of hollows and rounds.
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
Retire, sell existing house, move to Montana, build house and dream shop 44 x 50. Shop first....................yea right, that's why it is a dream shop.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Ord Bot with RAMPS 4.1
Maybe DIY 40-50W Laser
Resurface CNC bed
Get the Griz shaper done
Get the bandsaw feeder permanent
Add a couple lights to shop
Work on upgrading power to house again
Then upgrade shop power
BIG RPC for shop
Mayeb AC for shop

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Bunch of stuff...some of which already done (getting a storage building for lumber storage and getting an Earlex turbine for finishing)

Planning on getting a stationary spindle sander in the spring.

Build a 2 hole router table.

Want to continue to get better at veneering. Start doing more complex things like some starbursts and stringing.

Planning on rolling out a few new urn styles. I want to make some that look like vintage cars. Something ive been kicking around for over a year. We will see where that goes as it takes time to come up with something that can be repeatable.

Kids all will be in school starting in the fall, so this year is about positioning myself to be in a spot to double my business (taking on more wholesale accounts) by 2014 since I will be picking up 28-30 hours a week to be able to work.

Rest depends on how business is. Would like to finally pull the trigger on a dedicated BS for resawing and jump into some of the Festool routers.....but cant pull the trigger on a couple grand worth of things that aren't needs if business isn't calling for it. Who knows what is around the corner and Id hate to paint myself into a corner because I got all my wants

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Build a hope chest for my granddaughter's college gradution and build a 2nd Component Cabinet. More about the component cabinet later this week.
A New Years - What are you planning on doing this year?