Hi Woodneter,

it's been a long time since I posted about our saws. Saw making was slow, due to health reasons. Klaus couldn't work with wood for a long time and I had some seriuos Problems in handle making. But during the last christmas holidays Klaus tried to restart the handle making. He found 2 woods that allow him to work. They're Ebony and Olive. So we began to reduce our backlog by making the ordered Ebony and Olive handeled saws. One of this saws you see in the pictures. then something new happend to us. For the first time we made a saw and the customer didn't want to get it. A leftover.

It's a lefthanded (can be sawn with tthe other hand, too) saw for a medium hand. 9 1/2" long, 1 3/16 " (29mm) cutting deepth, 18 tpi rip.

Klaus made test cuts. The fine blade pitched at 18 tpi is something really enjoyable to saw with. There is one pic that shows a board (Cherry, 1/2") that has a bundle of cuts. Within 3 inches there are more than 80 cuts (probably 84 or 85 if I counted correctly) that were sawn with this saw.

We didn't forget everything, did we?

Cheers
Pedder

Great to hear from you and again see your beautiful work. I am confused about the concept of "handed-ness" (right or left) in this saw. That handle appears to be symetrical. What makes it a left-handed saw?

Hi Michael,

Thanks!

It's just the side where the etching is and the saw nuts are not. Everything else is striktly symetrical.

Cheers
Pedder

Beautiful as always. If its a leftover, does that mean its for sale?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$

Hi Dave,

I don't know if I may write it here, but yes it is.

Cheers
Pedder

Quote:

I don't know if I may write it here, but yes it is

You just did!
Sent you a PM.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Pedder,

That's one very beautiful saw! Flawless as usual. It's nice to see that Klaus has found some woods that don't affect his allergies.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Great to see you back in action, and fantastic news that Klaus is able to work wood. As usual, the results are stunning. I love the clean, sleek look.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That's one of the most beautiful saws I've ever seen. Almost too bad I've got all the saws I can use; but I can't help but think that if I used western saws I wouldn't be able to resist your offering.

Pam
Back in black