Didn't want to, but ended up with more bifold doors (solid knotty alder) for a 6' wide closet that having a pair of 36" doors just would not have worked on.

Door place quoted $110 for HD hardware, then said oops it's $150, I said pass knowing you fine folks would know of a better source for a way better deal..

Alan

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/fdindex.htm

Twinn
Will post for food.
Yep, the Johnson hardware stuff is top notch, and comes in varieties as well as load capacities you will never see in a box store. Great company to deal with as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have bi-folds in the master bedroom closet and after they'd been in a while, the problematic point was the pin on top of the free end of the doors---it was alway popping out of the little trolley thingie. I went looking for a better method and to my surprise----HD had it on the aisle with other door hardware----spring loaded, metal pins. So far these have stayed in with no problems.
Dave
Brand/source for high quality bi-fold doors hanging hardware?