I just bought a 605 for $12CDN, about $9 US. Very Rusty. While I've worked on Baileys, I've never had a bedrock. Are there special considerations when taking apart for it's Evapo-Rust bath?
A man of foolish pursuits

The number one thing I would say is do not force anything to come apart. If a screw doesn't want to turn apply something like PB Blaster and give it time to work. Stanley used some uncommon thread sizes and taps and dies are scarce and expensive. When attempting to loosen the threaded rod that is screwed into the frog I slip a piece of copper tubing over the rod so Vise Grip pliers can clamp on without damaging the threads.

That's a great hint. Thanks.

It's a good one, bottom flat and not pitted,and one side is square. the rosewood needs a refinish, but everything works. The iron is a Made in Can. sweetheart, 2nd quarter 1938, but it's pitted. I'll get a Veritas blade and cap-iron when the tool budget allows. We will take an intermediate step photo.

If you can't get them apart, send it to me. I will do it for nothing.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the kind offer, but I did get it apart and bathed. As I said, one side is out of square, of course the right side for a shooting plane. It's odd for the boys at the Stanley Works , Roxton Pond to have screwed up. But I have Delta Toolmaker surface grinder, and with just one side out, it should be a simple fix. I have Canadian made type #19 number 4C that's also one side out, but it was sold as a Handyman.
You may have trouble with the frog retaining screws. If so, clean the exposed threads and saturate them with Liquid Wrench. Also clean around the posts from the top and squirt LW in from all exposed areas. Otherwise, good luck. Post some pictures.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com

I did have trouble with the frog retaining screws, but by cleaning the screw slot, it allowed a good fit for a square bladed flat head screwdriver and a wrench. They had soaked over night. I had my wife take some before photos. It had a kidney shaped hole, Stanley on orange background lever cap so my guess would put it as late '30s. Pretty old for around here. I'll see tomorrow when it comes out of it's bath if it's gloatworthy.
Taking Apart a Bedrock Plane