Hi Folks,
Local guy has a G0586 for sale that appears to be in very good condition. He asking $725 which seems high.
Anyone have one of these machines? How do you like it?
BS

I have one and haven't had a single problem with it, the price is a little high (I think that's what mine cost new) but it's a good machine. I did replace the straight cutterhead with a segmented one, I prefer the carbide cutters for durability and ease of maintenance.

I have one and am very happy with it. Bought used in excellent condition with a Shop Fox heavy duty mobile base. Paid $450 about 3 years ago.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I have one and it has been great, but if I recall that is about $200 more than I paid NEW! Taking inflation into account, I wouldn't pay more than $400.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
If it has a segmented carbide cutter head that would be a great deal!

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
I would say $500 max.
I sold mine 5 years ago for $490, it was in excellent condition. Thinking it was like $675 new. Nice machine.
Thanks everyone you have confirmed what I thought that he is too high. I guess I will email him and ask about the cutter head and see if I can get a conversation going and then mention he is too high.
Jointer good, price high

That said I chased an 8" jointer a long time, and saw what you are, used for retail, or it was rusted junk.

I ended up buying a G0490X, absolutely love it. Since then my buddy Fred keeps pointing out crazy deals to me

Offer less if you think the price to high, might be a while, but a deal is out there somewhere if you can just wait long enough.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Looking at Grizzly G0586