Hi woodnetter,

most of us like to watch tools. So here are just a few pics what we've done during the summer.
Hope you enjoy.

Cheers
Pedder

The second one handle looks like Masur Birch which is my all time favorite even tho I never used it before.

It just has so much natural figure to it.

Now both saws are well Wonderful. If I ever got one I might be tempted to never use it and put it in a case.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Beautiful work as always. Really love the second one.
BontzSawWorks.net
Nice, Pedder, Klaus! The Maple complements the handle form so well in the first. And, then [Arlin's Birch?] spices the mass of the metals in the second. Thanks for giving us a peek.
Beautiful, as usual. i agree, that Masur Birch handle (if that's what it is) has great character.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

Thanks for all the kudos. Yes the first is tiger maple and the second karelian masur birch. That is a wounderful wood to work with. E. A. Berg used it for his premium chisel handles.

Cheers
Pedder
As usual, excellent work! The masur birch handle on the second is an amazing piece of wood, and an even better display of craftsmanship.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Love that burl!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Great looking saws Guy's, your work is amazing.

Steve

Stunning.

Glad to see you guys back at work!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
summer saws