Before I go out and start requesting quotes... about how much do you think this might cost me? Ballpark figure... Wanting to get an idea if this is closer to $15k or $50k. Because if it's the higher end I'm not even going to try.

I want to extend the backside of my "3rd" garage to make it longer. I want to extend it about 14 feet. The width will remain the same at about 9 feet and the height is also 9 feet.

•You would have to cut through the back of my current garage which is brick. There is nothing in this wall and it doesn't really support anything except a small section of the roof.
• You would only have to create 2 new walls. (The 3rd wall is actually already the side of the house.) The "4th" would just be the opening you created. No doors needed.
• The bottom 3 feet would have to be brick to match the house. (darn association) The rest of the height can be stucco hardi-board.
• It would be typical shingles for the roof.
• Foundation would be slab and I guess tied into the existing foundation.
• No electrical, no insulation, no plumbing, no sheet-rock, no windows.

So what do you think I'm about looking at?

Without finishes I can't imagine being more than $10k. That's 75$/ft2

AUswimKC said:

Without finishes I can't imagine being more than $10k. That's 75$/ft2

here it would be 90-100

IMO asking a question like this here is like requesting fresh peaches in January grown locally

good luck with that
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

While I agree the answers here will be probably be more reflective of some other area in the country, I can't imagine it being anywhere close to the range you've envisioned. Get the quotes, I think you will be (pleasantly) surprised,
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I know I wouldn't get an accurate quote on here I just wanted to get an idea of a possible range I might be looking at. If it's under $15k I can do that. Just if you guys were telling me over $40K I wouldn't have even bothered.

Thanks for the responses.
Time to start calling some general contractors.
I’d do a design-build contractor, that way the package is all on them. Have a lawyer go over the contract, include/exclude language as required.
themoon said:

• No electrical, no insulation, no plumbing, no sheet-rock, no windows.

So what do you think I'm about looking at?

Not a huge thing, but I'm pretty sure you're going to need fire code sheet rock on the existing wall of the house to separate the garage from the living space.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
thooks said:

I don't think you will get by with "no this, no that, no this and no that"....if you are living in a home farm with an HOA.

I can never imagine subjecting myself and my property to the whims of an HOA. I've moved a lot (7 times) for work and have always avoided them like the plague.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Opinion on Cost for Garage Extension?