From the Bad Axe Facebook page:

VETERANS DAY GIVEAWAY!!!
One of our customers, who wishes to remain anonymous, has purchased three Bad Axe saws (12” Stiletto, 12” Hybrid DT/Small Tenon & 16” Tenon), asking for them to be given away to three veterans (one saw per veteran), in honor of Veterans Day 2015.
Here’s how it works: if you are an honorably-discharged veteran, email mark@badaxetoolworks.com with a .jpg or .pdf of your honorable discharge or your DD Form 214 along with your contact information, including shipping address, email and phone number. The Bad Axe team will hold a lottery, and select three names. Then we send you the saw. It’s that simple.
All three saws are in their basic configuration: hickory handle, black-oxided sawback and brass fasteners.
The deadline for submissions is 2200 CST 11 Nov 2015. We will conduct the drawing on the following day, and announce the awardees at 1800 CST.
Salute!

Comments say active duty are also eligible.

I'm not affiliated with Bad Axe, but I love our veterans and hope one of my fellow Woodnetters win one.

Mods, can we put this in the general woodworking forum too?
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com

Awesome! Great recognition to those who have served!

Thanks for posting this!

Bump it forward!
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!

That's very generous of the customer who made these available for the giveaway, and BadAxe, of course.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
That's truly awesome. Please extend my thanks to the generous person who is funding this. As a veteran, (and I'm not entering the drawing so someone more deserving can win), I appreciate the many ways people find to say "thanks". It was a privilege to serve.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
That is an OUTSTANDING offering, and a generous offer from the anonymous person!
Not that I don't trust him, but I am a bit leary on sending out my DD214. Might have to do some censoring and rescanning.

It might be a good idea to obscure your SSN.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Thank you anonymous! What a wonderful way to honor those serving and served.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
I would like to do this but Mills County has my DD214 form and it would take a few days to go and get it and then send it to him.

Do you think he will wait?

Thanks for posting

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Arlin Eastman said:

I would like to do this but Mills County has my DD214 form and it would take a few days to go and get it and then send it to him.

Do you think he will wait?

Thanks for posting

Arlin

Arlin,

Not sure what service you were in, but it was the Army, you should be able to go here and get your DD214

https://www.hrcapps.army.mil
Bad Axe Giveaway for Veterans