I'am working on a maple bowl that I'am going to dye with white chestnut stain
What would be the best finish that will not turn it yellow?
Any ideas
Thanks Mike

I've always had good luck with Arm-R-Seal from General Finishes, although I can't say that I've specifically used it over white chestnut stain.

A clear acrylic might work as well, but again, no personal experience over white stain.
---------------------------
Czarcastic (Steven)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I like Arm-R-Seal's Salad Bowl Finish.
Depending on your intended use I would go with an acrylic. By intended use I mean, is it going to be for looking at, or for using? If it's for looking at only I like Target Coatings EM6000 water borne lacquer. Absolutely clear with excellent build. If it's for using I like oil but most oils will darken, especially with age.
Steve K

What Steve said. Most oil based finishes have an oil component; generally Linseed oil. That is the primary cause of the color changing over time, as well as the initial amber effect they give to wood. Acrylic finishes are color fast, they don't shift and most of them are water blear. Some have started adding an amber tint to mimic the oil finish look, so look for one that doesn't have the tint.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Clear finish