I'm running air lines in support of 3hp 60 gal compressor. About 80 feet in all. I've got a couple of points where I dare not solder. At first I thought I needed to go with a rapidair type set up, but now I'm thinking of running 3/4 copper and combination of solder joints and sharkbite fittings.
Any experience with the sharkbite fittings for compressed air? General internet search is all over the place.

make your solder joints while the copper is away from the sensitive areas hang it then make the final connections in the places it does not matter as much.

otherwise the only experience I have with sharkbite is in conjunction with pex tubing I used for a couple of extension runs I did with my compressor in my shop addition It has worked flawlessly
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I put in my Lowes 60 gallon 3 HP compressor with Rapid Air Products rapidairproducts.com advice and materials. The contact info was extremely helpful...listed as Engineering Specialties. You do a simple drawing on a form they supply and he gives you a list of hardware required and a quote.

Rapid Airs Andy Remus recommended 1/2 inch Maxline as my longest run was about 60 feet. I used their compression type fittings with cutting tool. Teflon tape and a pipe sealant was required.

The tank is connected to a pressure manifold that allows multiple lines; one is in my basement woodworking hobby shop and the other line is in my basement garage.

The Maxline tube bends easily and some 90 degree connectors may not be required. My only problem was that the manifold leaked and a new one was sent no charge. I would recommend looking at NAPA Auto Parts and see their pneumatic connectors/takeoffs/manifold for price. Their quality seems very good.

Maxline is an extruded (squeezed) way of forming the pipe which is a plastic with an internal aluminum pressure wall. The pipe is plastic on the inside and outside with the metal internally. I am very happy with the product.

Other pneumatic hardware is from Lowes...on/off valves, a regulator/filter assembly etc. I used Harbor Freight for a few connectors. The compressor is connected to the line through a short air line I made up-tube and two fittings.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)

Haven't heard of he max line stuff but I'll bet it's just pex AL pex. It's used for radiant floor heating. Easier to work with because it holds its shape.

At work, we use what McMaster Carr calls, "push to connect" fittings that work the same way as Sharkbite fittings. Mostly on "firm" polyethelene or nylon tubing. Not sure what Pex is made from. McMaster seems to only carry up to 3/8"
Sharkbite fittings have a 200psi rating so if you don't exceed that I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work.
Since I do not have the money but some extra hose that is what I used to run my lines with.

At a junction I got parts at ACE hardware for a 3 sided drop and put Male and Female ends on what is need.

I then put a drop line above my lathe.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks all, I plan to follow JGrout's advise, and wanted to note, I called Sharkbite tech service and got this info. Sharkbite does not recommend the system for compressed air, for the reason, there is no test results in place. I got the distinct impression they do not recommend against it for the same reason.

I have a couple shark bite fittings being used for compressed air right now, they work fine. The downside to them is the inside diameter is smaller .. less air flow.

Most tools, it doesn't matter.
sharkbite fittings in compressed air system