How would I correctly connect a power cord to this dryer motor?  Black = hot, red = neutral, and connect the cord's ground wire to the motor?  I'm guessing that the orange and yellow were connected to sensors (not used any more).  Thanks, --Rich

[Image: 20160918_181103.jpg]

With picture.
[Image: 20160918_181103.jpg]

Black and red leads clue me in that the motor is likely 220 not 110 

It appears to be a dryer motor 

JMO
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

the label looks like it says 120 volts, but I can't be sure. The dryer motors I've encountered were all 120, as were the timers, and everything except the heater elements themselves.
if you still have the dryer, there should be a wiring diagram either glued inside the back panel, or cabinet. Barring that, you might find a diagram online, from one of the replacement part websites.
good luck
X2 on the schematic. There is a starting circuit in there.
Maybe you can find a similar instruction guide on youtube.

Thanks, guys.  I haven't found a wiring diagram online yet.  I contacted Maytag and they couldn't help b/c I don't have the serial # of the dryer.  The part # wasn't good enough.  I am searching some You Tube videos.  Haven't seen the same motor yet, but there are a bunch of videos on testing motors, so I'll keep looking.  Thanks again!  --Rich
I googled that part # 501211 (images) and came up with better pics of the wiring leads.

Haven't determined which way to wire yet.....still looking
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Here is a LINK to the motor wiring diagram.   Hot lead connects to terminal 4 , neutral to terminal 5, and ground to a ground stud.   Hope it helps    Roly

Thanks, Rory.  That worked.

Big Grin 
The finished product worked ok.  I used it last weekend to flush out dust and other floating junk in my home office which is where I spend most of my time.  First, I kicked up the dust with a blower, then ran the unit for about 6 hours on Saturday and 8-10 hours on Sunday, periodically using the blower to kick up any dust that settled. 

[Image: 20161002_121955.jpg]
I measured the air input at between 7-20 mph -- 7 mph on the bottom of the circular input, and 20 mph on the top.  With the flexible hose removed, input increased by 20%.  I could have rigged it with a straight pipe, but I was ok with it just running in my office as-is over the weekend.

My unscientific opinion is that it works better than the Hoover air purifier that I bought a while ago.  I've got a big air purifier in my garage shop that I built from a furnace blower a few years ago, and it works great.  It's just too heavy and awkward to move into the house, so the dryer motor version is a decent no-cost solution.

I suppose that I could have just hooked up a window fan, but that's hardly any fun.  [Image: biggrin.png]

Rich

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Wiring a motor