[Image: 20160925_193821_zpsxqwvo5um.jpg][Image: 20160925_193731_zpsvzgrwl6f.jpg]

[Image: 20160925_193723_zpsbfbe3bzz.jpg][Image: 20160917_190841_zpscewalzt2.jpg]

[Image: 20160925_193942_zpsoxtyfuws.jpg]
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.
Master Emergency Vehicle Technician-Police Vehicles

Very nice, what lathe did you get?

I got the Jet 1221vs.
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.

It looks like you were busy.

I was stumped.  What type of wood is the pen blanks and the cup?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The pen wood came out of a grab bag of blanks my son got me several years ago I'm not sure what kind they are. The yarn bowl is Black Walnut
have started making mason jar lid covers now trying to perfect them.

(10-03-2016, 06:01 AM)JamesR Wrote: The pen wood came out of a grab bag of blanks my son got me several years ago I'm not sure what kind they are. The yarn bowl is Black Walnut
have started making mason jar lid covers now trying to perfect them.

Covers for jars?  I like to save jars with threads on the base and make wooden lids.  Couple choices : silicone the jar's lid, concealed, inside your mortise, so they can twist, or taper down gently and use a thin parting tool groove for an O ring "pop" seal. 

Filled with hard candies, they're a nice remembrance gift.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I glue the threaded ring into the wooden piece. A dozen new mason jars was like 8 bucks and replacement lids and rings were only a couple bucks. Something to do with smaller pieces of wood

(10-03-2016, 05:13 PM)JamesR Wrote: I glue the threaded ring into the wooden piece. A dozen new mason jars was like 8 bucks and replacement lids and rings were only a couple bucks. Something to do with smaller pieces of wood

I use to use the metal rings until I discovered the plastic lids that are available. Much nice than the rings.

[Image: 14898082?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg]

I use them for my honey dipper lids

[Image: DSCN1279_zpswi3fwst9.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1281_zpssnvzutxe.jpg]
Steve K

Thanks for the tip will look for them

some new stuff off new lathe