The wood came from a walnut tree i cut down 2 years ago. 2 board top bookmatched. 87"x42"x1.5". Fun project. I'm not the best photographer so sorry about the pics. I included the tree trunk pic from 2 years ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff

Whoa!  That is beautiful.  Excellent work & finish.  Love that walnut.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Gorgeous!
Wow, what a beautiful top. Wide,two board, book matched. Doesn't get much better than that
Beautiful.  Great work.
Beautiful table. That walnut looks great.
Very nice!!!!
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Beautiful!
Beautiful! An heirloom for sure! Great work.
What is great about this table is that it the kind of thing that only a discerning woodworker could make, one who took the time and effort to make that rare and beautifully balanced top and matched it with a handsome and sturdy base. You might find similar designs but never that top, and frankly sometimes you find a rare and beautiful top like that paired with schlock.

Fine work. I would like to hear how you flattened the top. 21" boards aren't meant for most home shop machines.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Finished Walnut trestle table