I am looking to trade some tools for a good name user Anvil.   Looking for one that is over 100lbs.   I dont mind driving up to 100 miles to make this happen.  Depending on the value of the anvil you have to trade you can pick from the tools below or I can add cash or wood stash to the difference.   Hoping this works out for you and me.

What I have to offer:
4 lie nielsen A2 chisels and tool roll.  Tool roll shows its age.   I have had these for more than 10 years.   I bought them when Lie Nielsen first introduced them.  They are very good and I have always sharpened them freehand so they have never seen a grinder.    They dont get as much use as they should because they are to fancy. I dont use them unless I have a big project.   Spots on the chisel is a wax oil mix that I have on to avoid rust.   I end up using my garage sale chisels more as I dont feel bad beating on them.   If you go to the Lie Nielsen site you will see how much these cost new.

[Image: IMG_0784_zpsohboudhr.jpg]

Lee valley bevel up joiner plane
[Image: IMG_0785_zpsfhodbuy0.jpg]

Lee valley scraper plane.  it has some minor rust on the sole that should clean up.

[Image: IMG_0786_zpsmsknftmi.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0787_zpsrubq9tp7.jpg]

what is your location
Im in Dearborn, MI
A friend is into iron works and we were casually discussing anvils some time back. In my naivete I would have thought they were readily available and cheaper than dirt.  He assured me that neither is true and good anvils often go for $2-3/pound 
Crazy
chris
Finding one for $3 a pound would be considered really cheap.
You definitely have some good trade items.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
So anvils were very common at farm auctions some 35 years ago. Every farm had them. Most of the time people were very eager to buy the large ones for a price about 50 cents a pound weighed by eyeball. I have not been to any auctions in a long time but they are common in rural areas so shipping on a big one from here would be cost prohibitive. I saw a large one came from grandpas Iowa farm at a woodworkers shop Wednesday.
And, he did not know what the square hole for the hardy was for. I used to buy them for $5 I have a box of them somewhere sold my anvil and now use smaller ones. So, if I were looking I would scout farm auctions you will find a good one perhaps cheap but like they said bring money not cheap anymore as we have an increase in metal and blacksmithing.
Just to let others see again that you want a 100# anvil

I did find a few on Ebay for you if that helps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Early-VU...Swx2dYG2d2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1884-Fis...Sw9IpXygMB

They both say OBO and pick up only in PA
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks for all the tips. I think I will repost this add and just sell the tools outright and put the cash towards an anvil tool fund.
Looks like I found a fellow woodnetter willing to swap. Wont happen for a couple of weeks but im in no rush
Looking to trade some tools for an Anvil